Project1

Post links to your Project One websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
d3ft0n3s23

Re: Project1

Post by d3ft0n3s23 »

First off all of your images are great. It gives both of your roughs a very professional feel.

I think the simplicity of the second one is very nice. Your type in the white middle areas get a little lost so I would play around with the size of type. Great job!
- Adam Perez

georgia_novotny

Post by georgia_novotny »

Hi Kiwako,
I like both of your designs but I am leaning towards the first roughs with the illustration.
I like the personal feel it has because of the illustration logo.
The home page is great, I really like it because it looks professional and laid out nicely.

I would change the layout of the second page of the first roughs to feel less scattered.
There is a lot of things going on maybe organize it a little better so its not all over.
Also make the middle content area on the home page larger.

Great start, good job
Georgia

oasib

Post by oasib »

I would like a coffee right now I am so tiered..lol..Anyways, I do like your roughs 1 over the rought 2, they are lot more unique and interesting to look at. To me things look pretty good, I might of change the image of your second page ( the one behind the word-do u wanna be coffe)- it looks very busy. I like they way you did it one a home page, it works great, maybe use something a same family. Very nice start, I like coffee!

TsukiMizuDCC

Post by TsukiMizuDCC »

Very awesome, Kiwako.

I love the second design because the color scheme and peace of buying a cup of coffee. It reminds me so much of the Starbucks website. The problem that I'm having is on the first design with the images is a little distracting. But a beautiful start to a great website.
Dalanie "TsukiMizu" Chester
Cosplayer/Artist/Daydreamer
"All work and no play makes the imagination a dull reality."
-Dalanie Chester

recordd

Post by recordd »

Hi Kiwako! Wow both of your roughs are awesome! I love the idea because I love coffee too! I am leaning more towards your rough # 2 I really like the imagery that you used and the layout is simplistic, classy yet professional. One thing I would suggest is to use your logo from your first design for this one. Otherwise great job and I cant wait to see your final designs! :-)
Danielle Record
"You Can't Use Up Creativity...the More You Use, the More You Have" ~Maya Angelou

c.j.jackson775

Post by c.j.jackson775 »

Your websites always have class. I like the bottom one. I can totally see a portfolio piece coming out of it and it will be a nice setup to make it responsive.
Design may be king, but typography is the crown.

ashleighporterfield

Post by ashleighporterfield »

I love your second layout! I feel it is very sophisticated and clean, which is something I personally look for in a coffeeshop or something similar. Your images are very well placed and your typography is awesome as well. The only thing I might suggest is making sure your text overlayed on the images are clear and don't get lost in the background. Great job so far!
Ashleigh Porterfield

ravennvrmre

Post by ravennvrmre »

I think both look really great. I really like the coffee cup logo on the first one. However, I like the bottom one a bit more, it's more enticing with the picture of actual coffee. Maybe for the coffeer find a smokey or cloud like font like big smoke on dafonts or vaporized BB on 1001 fonts to simulate the steam that comes from a hot coffee. Just an idea, Great start.
Vicki Miller

stalksyouatnight

Post by stalksyouatnight »

I actually like the first design best, but there's a lot of stuff and it's hard to see what goes where. The second design is much cleaner, but i think it's not as interesting.
My irl name is Zackary Hughes...

ravens.way

Post by ravens.way »

Nice job on your designs. I like the color scheme used in rough 2 with the darker brown. The layout in rough 2 is cleaner and easier to read. The navigation from rough 1 would work better.