Preliminary for Project One

Post links to your Project One websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
oasib

Re: Preliminary for Project One

Post by oasib »

I like your idea with the script, but the overall layout and color work better on your blue version. I am not sure what your logo, but looks like it is the type with blue bottle. I might reconsider changing your logo. maybe use a face of witch in a black head, or having a bottle with type on it, like a lable, or something that better represent the consent of the site. Otherwise good start!

mccuske2

Post by mccuske2 »

i like the second one the best. Not to sure of the font on the logo for both site

georgia_novotny

Post by georgia_novotny »

Hi Elizabeth,
I like both your designs.
Great idea about selling a bit of magic! Love it.

I like the one with the scrolls a little better for obvious reasons.
It plays the part better for the product your selling.

I would change the color of the title, the purple is too light and kind of blends in with the color of the scrolls.
Just darken it or add some shadows or shading around it to make it stand of the scroll so to speak.

Good start, nice job!
Georgia

d3ft0n3s23

Post by d3ft0n3s23 »

I’m leaning more toward the second rough with the scroll. It’s seems more fun with your overall concept.

Maybe incorporate a bubbling cauldron or something in your background. With the creativeness that you have going with the images and the artwork the gradient background seems a little bland.

Love the idea, Great work!
- Adam Perez

Siri

Post by Siri »

Of these two I'm favoring the top one the most, it's organized and easy to navigate. But the second one does fit your theme better (my very first thought was Harry Potter), and with a bit of tweaking it'd be all the more a stronger layout. Just fix up your margins so that your type doesn't touch the darker edges of the scroll, which creates some contrast issues, and I don't think the background gradient is all that necessary. In fact, on the monitor of the computer I first looked at it from, it almost hurt my eyes.

Good start Elizabeth, and I look forward to the final product!
cristina sánchez
your playing small doesn't serve the world.

recordd

Post by recordd »

Hi Elizabeth! Nice job on both of your designs! I really like your first rough with the purple blue background it reminds me of a cloak type of material. I think your color scheme accents your products perfectly. Your typography fits well with your type of business and the little bottle with it is a nice touch, as well. One thing I would suggest is to make your pictures a little smaller to balance out the layout. Other than that great job and I cannot wait till I see your final designs!
Danielle Record
"You Can't Use Up Creativity...the More You Use, the More You Have" ~Maya Angelou

c.j.jackson775

Post by c.j.jackson775 »

I love the creativity here. The bottom design for sure! Totally think this is the way to go for your products.
Design may be king, but typography is the crown.

Kiwakooo

Post by Kiwakooo »

I really like the layout2.
The design looks very good, and I also like the fonts you used.

I would like to change the color of background.

Good job!

Kiwako

lingling_chen

Post by lingling_chen »

Cool idea, Elizabeth. Both layout and color are work well, but I personally feel the type for your buttons are not too easy to read, and the size are too close to your head line, recommend you change other fonts for that, and I think you can use a smaller size font and get a notable contrast, and layering. I think I will like your scroll one more after your background image get cleanup. Good job: )

ravennvrmre

Post by ravennvrmre »

I really like the bottom one it goes really nicely with the theme. Maybe change the background to a brick wall and a wooden desk to even farther go with the theme. Awesome start.
Vicki Miller