project 1 roughs

Post links to your Project One websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
mccuske2

project 1 roughs

Post by mccuske2 »

These are my ideas for project 1.
Attachments
highway_thrifters_2.jpg
highway_thrifters.jpg

mccuske2

project 1 roughs

Post by mccuske2 »

here are some more
Attachments
highway_thrifters.jpg
highway_thrifters_2.jpg
web_1.jpg
web_2.jpg

paulab

Re: project 1 roughs

Post by paulab »

I like the top 2 roughs. The logo is cool! I think it should be on the inner page as well, just a smaller version. The scrolling of the product is a nice touch too. I'm not crazy about the font choice for the navigation, it seems a bit clunky compared to the rest of your text. Nice work!
Paula Burris
"Do whatever you do intensely." -Robert Henri-

recordd

Post by recordd »

Hi ???! Good job on your roughs! I think that you have a good start here...your layout would be easy to navigate through and the background image that you used goes well with your name & logo. One suggestion that I would make is to include an information paragraph about your company on the homepage...because when I first viewed I was not sure what your company is until I looked at your second page. Otherwise, great job! :-)
Danielle Record
"You Can't Use Up Creativity...the More You Use, the More You Have" ~Maya Angelou

aslychsm

Post by aslychsm »

I'm definitely leaning more towards your top design, because it's way more interesting to look at. You're bottom design just seems way too much on the simple side, and doesn't really convey the product(s) you're trying to sell, or its name for that matter. I think you have a really cool theme going on in the first rough, I get a very rustic/southern feel, you should definitely play with that idea more to further develop the brand/identity of your website.
a s h l e y c h i s a m

elizabeth_mejia

Post by elizabeth_mejia »

I'm loving the the idea and name of this website! I love the image on the home page and the logo is great! I don't really like how the images on the inner page are shifted too much to the right maybe center them a bit more, but really great start!
Elizabeth Mejia

elizabeth_mejia

Post by elizabeth_mejia »

Oh you posted twice! I still really like the top design and the logo it is more fun and colorful. The sentence at the bottom of the homepage is having a little contrast issues I just noticed maybe make it a lighter color : ]
Elizabeth Mejia

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

[s]Hmmmmmm.
I only see one design here. *tsk tsk* Image[/s]

Of course as soon as I post this, I see you've posted more designs in a new thread. *sigh* Edit your post and put them in the same thread so you don't confuse unobservant knobs like me. I've take the liberty of merging your two threads.

I still prefer your first design though.

But what I do see is a good start. You have a very strong sense of brand and identity going on here that is immediately established by your home page. I like the full screen background image. It firmly establishes a country, on the road of life, feeling. The layout is pretty good as well. I like the highlighting of the logo, the navigation is easy to follow and use and I like the nice bold font used on the home page. The imagery, both background and product works well for the layout.

[s]I would be careful with typographic consistency though. Your navigation type shifts from your homepage to your inner page.[/s] Fixed in your new post. You always want to make sure your navigation is consistent, otherwise you'll confuse your users. I think it would help if you moved your scattered secondary nav, currently bobbing around at the bottom, to your main nav bar. Also, you want to move the products closer to your navigation on your inner page. Right now they look pinned to the bottom right. I'd also include a title and maybe a line of description for your products so thy are not mystery meat. I also don't particularly see a need for the semi-transparent content area. I think your product images show just fine against the background image. I'd toss it.

A very good start. Nice work!
If we feel useful in life and loved, it sure makes life significant and wonderful

Toni McDonough - GRC 275 Instructor
tmcdonough@tmcc.edu | 775-583-5262

Sierragirlnv

Post by Sierragirlnv »

I like the first designed rough idea. It has character and individuality to it. The other comp looks clean but also corporate and nameless. The only thing that I am struggling with is the Cooper font you chose for the navigation I think if you made it into something more original it would flow better. Great idea though!
Sierragirlnv

A.K.A.

Tiffani Lear

TsukiMizuDCC

Post by TsukiMizuDCC »

Awesome concept, miss Tammy. Love the first design because of the logo. Also the image that you used as your background adds to the feel of the website. The second design looks ok, but the layout seems a little dull and it looks like one of the websites that is linked to a high-end retail store. But good start. Can't wait to see your finished product.
Dalanie "TsukiMizu" Chester
Cosplayer/Artist/Daydreamer
"All work and no play makes the imagination a dull reality."
-Dalanie Chester