Project #1 Roughs

Post links to your Project One websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
oasib

Re: Project #1 Roughs

Post by oasib »

I like both of the home pages you made, but I have to go with the second one (black and white). I like the composition and pictures have emotions, unlike the first rough. I would definitely change the fond of the name on your home page, maybe make it smaller , bolder and straight. As of now its hard to see and its not working with the overall clean and classy looks of your design. I wasn't able to find your logo, not sure if there was one. Great start, great pics!

georgia_novotny

Post by georgia_novotny »

Hi Danielle,
I really like both your designs.
I am leaning towards the first designs with the color.
I too love the old look of black and white but to sell the site as a photographer, go with color!

I would increase the size of the photos on the second page to fill in some of the empty space.
I like bigger but it might not be better. :)
Either way, good job on your roughs.
Georgia

d3ft0n3s23

Post by d3ft0n3s23 »

Both are very nice. The first one with the colorful image could work very well, but would stay away from using too many colors in your text. It comes off a little too chaotic instead of unified with the color in the image. Using just black might complement the imagery.

The second rough is very elegant. I think this is a very strong design all around. The logo type could use some work. Something more simple than using a warp tool
- Adam Perez

TsukiMizuDCC

Post by TsukiMizuDCC »

Danielle,

Very beautiful. I'm leaning to the second design because of the image that you used and the feel of the site is very professional. Also, I love the picture of the little girl that you put on the about page. Amazing choice. The first rough, however, the colors really distracts me. But all in all, nice work. Can't wait to see the finished product.
Dalanie "TsukiMizu" Chester
Cosplayer/Artist/Daydreamer
"All work and no play makes the imagination a dull reality."
-Dalanie Chester

kamilyon

Post by kamilyon »

I like them both but the favorite would have to be the second one. its a little more classy. I dont see anything i would change but what do i know. i love how the film is in a heart. i think that is neat. good job

c.j.jackson775

Post by c.j.jackson775 »

I think from a photo company perspective the top designs fill that nicely but I'm liking the simplicity of your splash page for the bottom design. the typography needs some work but that imagery is relly strong.
Design may be king, but typography is the crown.

ashleighporterfield

Post by ashleighporterfield »

I really like your second layout! Its clean and crisp and really seems elegant for your product idea. You might be able to make the navigation a bit smaller, because on larger monitors, I feel like it is going to be big when sized to max. Otherwise, great job!
Ashleigh Porterfield

Kiwakooo

Post by Kiwakooo »

I like your second design and the photo is great.

I would make a new logo by using the letter of " CreativEye Captures" and put it on the photo.
On the second page, I would use the logo instead of the photo.

Good job!

Kiwako

ravennvrmre

Post by ravennvrmre »

I like the bottom version better, it's very clean looking and the (black and white) old time feel works really nice with photography. I think the logo is a little big on it though so maybe just make it the camera roll heart. Great start so far.
Vicki Miller

stalksyouatnight

Post by stalksyouatnight »

Both designs look good, if I have to say which is better I would say the second completely on personal preference. Both designs have the same style feel, but the second one just seems cleaner.
My irl name is Zackary Hughes...