Project One Roughs

Post links to your Project One websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
lingling_chen

Re: Project One Roughs

Post by lingling_chen »

Hi, Paula
I like your rough 2 better, because the logo and the type is better than the others, but the layout and the color on your rough3, nice job on all of them: )

Siri

Post by Siri »

Hey Paula,

The modifications on your Rough 1 do help, it adds a bit more unity to that area of the layout. Still, I'm leaning toward Rough 1; I feel it brings together the more noticeable elements from the other two quite well, since the inner page of the third concept starts to wash out with the grey background and navigation buttons, while the bringing in the east Asian influence in the typography and the red. I'd recommend you go with this one, though for the gallery page I'd suggest going with a lighter grey just to differentiate it from the header, but not too light. Maybe try #333333 or #666666?
cristina sánchez
your playing small doesn't serve the world.

georgia_novotny

Post by georgia_novotny »

Hi Paula,
I like all your designs, nice work.
I think rough 2's are my vote.

I like the feel I get from the homepage photo of the camera and how its faded in the background.
Gives the photo a dramatic look rather than just a normal photo of a camera.
I like the arranged photos of the second page and clean simplistic layout,
I would change the size of the photos to be bigger and fill in some of the negative gray space.

Great start!
Georgia

d3ft0n3s23

Post by d3ft0n3s23 »

I think the logo of rough 1 with the up close image of the camera itself from rough 2, could be really nice.

I also like the buttons in rough 2. Possibly in red since you seem to be running with the complementary color scheme.
I’m not too sure about the texture on your logo though. Not saying it doesn’t work but maybe play around with different ones.

Very Nice!
- Adam Perez

c.j.jackson775

Post by c.j.jackson775 »

I like the one with the green stuff. I enjoy the large images. I think you could easily make some of the other pages conform to your green stuff.
Design may be king, but typography is the crown.

Kiwakooo

Post by Kiwakooo »

I like your design! I think the rough one is best design.
The photo you used is very beautiful, and the color choices is also great.

I think the texture on the logo is not necessary because the texture makes logo busy.

Good job!

Kiwako

ravennvrmre

Post by ravennvrmre »

Your compositions are really nice but they're all really similar so its a little hard to tell which ones go together just looking though. I really like rough 2, the red on the dark grey and clean design look really nice together, great start.
Vicki Miller

dnorwood

Post by dnorwood »

You have a lot of variation here, and some good layouts. If I had to choose which way to go for this project, I would mix-and-match, using the very top design (rough1_color_edit) as the Home page and the very last design (rough3_inner) for the inner pages.

The image on the top design is perfect...bold and dramatic. However I do have a few suggestions to make:
*The logo seems to be out of proportion to the name (ay leong), you might consider resizing it so it just fits over the name, but leave it in the upper left corner.
*I don't think the logo needs a texture to it. But if you want to make it not just lay there, you might try a minimal bevel and emboss on it.
*The font, color, and lower case styling of 'photography' is great. I think it should have a higher prominence in the hierarchy though...make it bigger. After all, it is part of the name of the site.
*Get rid of the green, you don't need it behind the logo, and the navigation buttons are barely readable. By using one of the lighter shades of grey from the picture, they will stand out and still match the color scheme.

You can make the bottom image (for the inner pages) match the Home page by using the black, red, and grey color scheme, logo, and title you have going with the Home page. I would suggest that you reduce the size, by at least 1/2, of the upper banner. Two reasons for that:
*By going with the black, it will automatically stand out more.
*Right now it overshadows the information/pictures that you want to be the focal point of each page.
Happy Designing!
Denise
Denise Norwood

stalksyouatnight

Post by stalksyouatnight »

I like your first 2 designs best, I think the black looks well. The navigation looks more clean, however I don't know if that green is that readable so maybe try something that will contrast well?
My irl name is Zackary Hughes...

ravens.way

Post by ravens.way »

Your designs are very different from each other. I like the color scheme used in rough 2 and the layout of it. The navigation in all three designs all look very good. The logo I like the best is on rough 2.