project one comps

Post links to your Project One websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
lingling_chen

Re: project one comps

Post by lingling_chen »

wow, I can tell you work very hard on that....
They all have some unique parts, but I like your comp2 better. good job!

Siri

Post by Siri »

I am absolutely in love with all these concepts, even without all the pictures of food included yet I'm getting hungry looking about it. Maybe it's the return of the cold affecting it, but I'm really drawn to the warm feel of comp #2. It's warm and definitely has a home feel to it, small but otherwise a cosy place to be. It definitely reflects the name of the establishment!

I also very much like how the last menu (comp#1) is coming along, the other one has a few contrast issues that this particular rough seems to address. Though honestly you could go with any of these and they'd still all be great.
cristina sánchez
your playing small doesn't serve the world.

georgia_novotny

Post by georgia_novotny »

Hi Kami,
Way to go with all the design comps, they all look good.
I like the one with the little house/cafe on a trailer logo.

I like the color scheme and the fonts you used with it.
I would change the background blue to be a little darker so that the white text shows up more and is easily seen.
The logo type that says "traveling cafe" should be highlighted or shadowed to stick out more.
Any way to thicken it would make it more effective for the logo and emphasize the main product of being a "Traveling Cafe".

Great job on all the designs.
Georgia

d3ft0n3s23

Post by d3ft0n3s23 »

I really like the (home and menu comp 1). I love the blue colors and think they would work great with some detailed imagery of some of the dishes like you have in comp 3 and 4.

Very nice work!
- Adam Perez

Kiwakooo

Post by Kiwakooo »

I like your post card design!
That's cool! It looks really nice, and I also like your color choices.

The logo is great! I love that. One thing I would change the color of background and logo.
I personally think blue is not good color for that. Maybe dark brown?

Good job!

Kiwako

c.j.jackson775

Post by c.j.jackson775 »

Kami I already talked to you in length about all these. Loving how it's going keep up the good work love the typography!!
Design may be king, but typography is the crown.

ashleighporterfield

Post by ashleighporterfield »

I love your last layout and composition! I think its very balanced and the colors work really well. Your typography is also great. One teeny thing I wanted to point out is that you did spell "calendar" incorrectly on your designs, but once that is all sorted out, I think you have a great start! Awesome job!
Ashleigh Porterfield

ravennvrmre

Post by ravennvrmre »

I like them all, they look really nice, my favorite though is he comp 04. I like the post card top with the luggage feel. I haven't seen it before and it feels really unique. I would keep the luggage colors the same though between the pages, unless you're going to drastically change them for every page.
Vicki Miller

dnorwood

Post by dnorwood »

The postcard idea is cute and clever. It just shouts out travel/traveling to reinforce the business name. I especially like the use of the social media buttons as a stamp.

The text font fits well with the 'tiny' theme, but on the Home page it is hard to read against the brown stripe background. You might consider going with a very light tint of the blue in your logo...by reinforcing that color in the body of your design it will actually make the logo appear more a part of the whole. Right now, the logo and the border are the only two areas where you have the blue, and the logo almost overshadows the rest instead of meshing with it.
Also, unless it is intentional, the menu needs a good going over for spelling and mistyping.
Happy Designing!
Denise
Denise Norwood

NevadaCowgirl

Post by NevadaCowgirl »

I like comp 3. The colors work well together and it is clean and simple.
Amy Zimmerman