Project 3 Roughs - Aharon Williams

Post links to your Project Three websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
UnKool Moe Dee

Project 3 Roughs - Aharon Williams

Post by UnKool Moe Dee »

Here are my roughs. My artist is the music group Outkast. Andre 3000 is also a graphic artist and created the CD cover art for the group's first 5 albums. In the first set my objective is to play up the music theme for the group Outkast and use visuals to engage the user. I wanted to used that imagery to create movement and give elements, such as the navigation, a less conventional look. My second focuses more on the specific imagery of their lyrics and the actual paintings and artwork of Andre 3000. I also wanted to work with the colorful and eclectic look the group has developed through the years. The layouts should both be challenging to construct and I plan to make this site multi-media (music and video). Hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving!

project_3_index_1_large.jpg
project_3_index_1_mobile.jpg
project_3_inside_page_1_large.jpg
project_3_inside_page_1_mobile.jpg
project_3_index_2_large.jpg
project_3_index_2_mobile.jpg
project_3_inside_page_2_large.jpg
project_3_inside_page_2_mobile.jpg
"God is dead"
Nietzsche,1883

"Nietzsche is dead"
God, 1900

Alexey

Re: Project 3 Roughs - Aharon Williams

Post by Alexey »

My favorite is second design, however I like home page of the first design. Good combination of type and images. I really like how in all your designs you get rid of that visual web site grid, s your site look more like a poster.

markp

Post by markp »

hey Aharon,
I'm going to pick set number two as my favorite, mostly because of the cool imagery and colors. I like the fish-
eyed Cadillac and the blue album cover background. The cool fractal image is really vibrant.
the first set works fine but seems more like an album showcase than an art one

donnalouwho

Post by donnalouwho »

I think I have to agree with design number two. I like the color scheme and the dynamics although all you designs are great. Nice work! :)
Donna Harn

brianfreemantmcc

Post by brianfreemantmcc »

I like the lay out with the car in front. It is feels right for this type of design. Good job!