Project 2 Roughs

Post links to your Project Two websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
UnKool Moe Dee

Project 2 Roughs

Post by UnKool Moe Dee »

Here are my roughs for project 2. The first set follows the convention of using boxes and title banners to organize my content. I used a grid to make my category page easy to navigate. In the first product page I'm trying to convince the customer to click on the boxes on the right and buy more product while also giving an easy to navigate space for the product they've clicked on.
baconfinity_product_catagory_page.jpg
baconfinity_product_page_rough_1.jpg
The second product page emphasizes the product the customer has clicked on, but still has the teaser products at the bottom of the page.
baconfinity_product_page_rough_2.jpg
"God is dead"
Nietzsche,1883

"Nietzsche is dead"
God, 1900

re8ecca

Re: Project 2 Roughs

Post by re8ecca »

I really like what you've done with your product category page. As for the individual product pages, it's a tough call. I actually like both formats, although the second is definitely the more conventional layout for e-commerce sites.

The bacon ribbons on the "you may also like" products are distracting me a bit, especially on the layout where they're bigger. I think they need to shrink down a lot more so they don't take away from the products themselves.
Rebecca Baumann
rebecca.dsb@gmail.com

markp

Post by markp »

these look great, really fun to look at. I think I like the first one better as a layout as it just seems more compact and solid, but they both would work and are easily navigated. this will make a great portfolio piece

donnalouwho

Post by donnalouwho »

These are awesome, so fun! I like them both however I think I prefer the first one. The size of the products displayed makes me want to explore more, it's attention grabbing! I'm thinking even a vegetarian would be curious, that's how much it grabs ya! :)
Nice work on both!
Donna Harn

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Bacon! Image

I noticed you got the coveted Vegetarian Endorsement™ further up the thread. Impressive.

Your product category page is clean, simple, and shows the products in an easy to navigate way.

You've got two equally strong product page designs depending on what you want to do with them. The first highlights other products and makes the user interested in exploring the rest of the site. The second emphasizes the product in all of it's delicious, crispy, ... sizzling, ... goodness. Mmmmmmmmmm. It also encourages the customer to buy that product rather than continue foraging throughout the site.

I personally prefer the second design because it closes the sale right now, but if you want to help your customer explore further, your first is the way to go.
If we feel useful in life and loved, it sure makes life significant and wonderful

Toni McDonough - GRC 275 Instructor
tmcdonough@tmcc.edu | 775-583-5262

Alexey

Post by Alexey »

This is so cool. Easy to navigate, easy to find stuff that I need. Design is simple and strong at the same time. My favorite is the third layout, with the important product in the center of attention and the :products you might like" are at the bottom. Good job!

brianfreemantmcc

Post by brianfreemantmcc »

I like how you've catagorized everything on your home page. It's super clear and easy to navigate. Well done!