project two roughs

Post links to your Project Two websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
markp

project two roughs

Post by markp »

I felt like I couldn't really deviate from the design of all the other pages without a complete overhaul
which I guess is still an option. but here are two ways to treat a product page while maintaining the
overall look of the site.
rough_two.jpg
Attachments
rough_one.jpg

re8ecca

Re: project two roughs

Post by re8ecca »

Hi Mark - I like your use of a box to corral the fan information. I also like how you show the fan at a distance AND closeup at the same time, which is actually pretty damn useful for online shopping. I wonder why other retailers haven't tried that before?

I'd play with the color and size of the font that points out the features of the fan. It's getting a little lost. Also, if you can break up that big chunk of text into two paragraphs it would look more pleasing to the eye and they'd be less likely to skip it.
Rebecca Baumann
rebecca.dsb@gmail.com

donnalouwho

Post by donnalouwho »

Nice job, Mark! I like the pop out of the product description. I think it's one of the most important things to a consumer once they identify the product they are interested in. Great job! I think, also, the header with the company name could be a bit bolder. Maybe the gradient on both sides make it feel less prominent? Great colors, pleasing. Excited to see to finished design!
Donna Harn

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

I really like the second view myself. Most of it's strengths have been pointed out, but I think the detail and overall views of the product create a really strong visual appeal. I also like the breakdown of features pointed out almost schematic style on both images. And keep the descriptions up. I want to see what you do with all your high-end, mysteriously dangerous fans.

"A classy ceiling fan. For those times when you've taken out a life insurance policy on your spouse."

A couple of things to look out for. Your margins in your info box look a little uneven, make sure it has enough room to breathe. Also, you might want to see what it looks like using a lighter (thinner, not lighter colored) font for your body copy. Otherwise, it looks good to me.
If we feel useful in life and loved, it sure makes life significant and wonderful

Toni McDonough - GRC 275 Instructor
tmcdonough@tmcc.edu | 775-583-5262

UnKool Moe Dee

Post by UnKool Moe Dee »

Mark,

I think the second layout is really sharp. I like the use of the repeating images. It gives you a better look at the product while also providing some very nice design elements. My only suggestion would to give a bit more space between the all the elements. Very Nice.

Aharon
"God is dead"
Nietzsche,1883

"Nietzsche is dead"
God, 1900

Alexey

Post by Alexey »

I like both from each designs. In first one I like the idea that you put the text just inside of the image window, so there are less blocks and rectangles in design (As an example - my cruise ship web site - all looks blocky, which I dont really like)
But at the same time I like the second design cause that text in rectangle brings attention immediately. I d say I am 40% for 1st and 60% for second design. Great job btw. I really enjoy the simplicity and calm colors of you overall design.

brianfreemantmcc

Post by brianfreemantmcc »

I love the layout of the designs but feel lie there is to much of the same color. Even as it stands though very professinal! Nice job!