Project 2. First critique. Alexey Makovskiy

Post links to your Project Two websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
Alexey

Project 2. First critique. Alexey Makovskiy

Post by Alexey »

Hello. This is my new color guide and Shopping cart page. I decided not to do something crazy and make this page simple and familiar to all other payment pages, so the users wont be confused and will be easily navigate. Thats my guess, i guess )
Attachments
colorguide.jpg
shopingcatrs.jpg

Alexey

Re: Project 2. First critique. Alexey Makovskiy

Post by Alexey »

So, looks like I did not get the rules of the assignment right, so I created two new roughs.
On these pages you can see just 2 items, but it will be possible to scroll down, so you can see the rest.
Attachments
critique2-2.jpg
critique2.jpg

re8ecca

Post by re8ecca »

Hi Alexey - I'm liking the layout with the yellow headers for each ship. It makes it easier for me to clearly differentiate between your listings, and the white background is also easy on the eyes.

The only thing that feels out of place to me is the font you're using on your navigation bar. It doesn't seem to go with anything else, and so it keeps pulling my eye.
Rebecca Baumann
rebecca.dsb@gmail.com

donnalouwho

Post by donnalouwho »

Hi Alexey!

Great job on your use of color, I love the blue and yellow I think it works well with your product line. I'm enjoying your main image on your header. I feel as though your navigation bar might need larger type or a different font? Or, perhaps, more navigation? It seems to have a bit of the "empty space" feeling on the left. Otherwise, I think everything looks fantastic. Can't wait to see it completed!
Donna Harn

markp

Post by markp »

the first design with the yellow boxes is more interesting visually to me. I like that it has a used car feel to it, like a deals on wheels look

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

I like the new color scheme. The use of yellow as a highlighter adds a strong component and a great visual cue to move the eyes around.

I also like the idea of taking a friggin' CRUISE SHIP to Burning Man. Got some serious lols going on here, I'm not going to lie.

I'd go with your second design. The yellow titles add visual interest while serving double duty as product and row separators. They also draw the eye immediately to the titles which are also serving as product info summaries. Win, win, win.

Your first blends together a little too much and there's not enough separating visual interest. It all seems like one block to me. Go with the second, it works much better.
If we feel useful in life and loved, it sure makes life significant and wonderful

Toni McDonough - GRC 275 Instructor
tmcdonough@tmcc.edu | 775-583-5262

UnKool Moe Dee

Post by UnKool Moe Dee »

Alexey,

I like the first layout with the banners that highlight the products. The layout for both pages are very easy to navigate and use. The product banners on the first layout are too similar to your navigation. Making them smaller or even reversing the color scheme from the nav menu could help to differentiate the two better while keeping the unity of the design. Nice work.

Aharon
"God is dead"
Nietzsche,1883

"Nietzsche is dead"
God, 1900

brianfreemantmcc

Post by brianfreemantmcc »

I like the layout of your forum and how you put the cards tha are accepted. Very nice!