Project 3, 1st critique. Alexey

Post links to your Project Three websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
Alexey

Project 3, 1st critique. Alexey

Post by Alexey »

Hi, everybody. These are my very first and roughly roughs for my website.
My sister is an amateur artist and she always wanted to have a web gallery for her self. (For these roughs I did not use her work yet)
She wanted her website pretty simple and straightforward, but at the same creative.
I still have a lot of work to do, and might change something in my design in the future.
But now I am just sharing with you my ideas.
Thanks
Attachments
gallery_device1.jpg
devices2.jpg
1st_cr.jpg
rough2.jpg
rough1.jpg

Alexey

Re: Project 3, 1st critique. Alexey

Post by Alexey »

So, we were sitting together with my sister, I was moving things around in Photoshop and she finally approved this version
Attachments
desktop version.jpg

re8ecca

Post by re8ecca »

Hi Alexey - I'll just talk about your latest update, since that's the one your sister approved.

I really like her logo at the bottom, and I'm just wondering if that can be used more effectively to establish her identity. I'd try to incorporate the logo into the navigation so that it's at the top.
Rebecca Baumann
rebecca.dsb@gmail.com

UnKool Moe Dee

Post by UnKool Moe Dee »

Alexey,

The layout is very clean and the spacing is visually pleasing. I agree with Rebecca about using the logo more prominently and I also think using color to draw the eye through the page ( in the form of a footer). Nice work so far.

Aharon
"God is dead"
Nietzsche,1883

"Nietzsche is dead"
God, 1900

markp

Post by markp »

Alexey,
I really like the gallery lighting at the top and the paint strokes for buttons. great logo. the copy has a nice
message. I look forward to seeing some of your sister's work

donnalouwho

Post by donnalouwho »

your sister must be really proud of you. great job on all designs. i think i like the first one best; nice layout, clean, simple and it highlights the art nicely. although they are all fantastic. can't wait to see it finished. :)
Donna Harn

brianfreemantmcc

Post by brianfreemantmcc »

I prefer layout 1. It is nice!