linking issues

Got a question for your instructor or classmates? Found a neat technique you want to share? Post 'em here.
markp

linking issues

Post by markp »

Hi Michael, I am having problems linking things. here is a sample page and Ive included the html and css in a zip file. the problem is that while the nav bar works just fine I am unable to link certain divs to other html pages. for instance the div with the picture of the cart does not let me link. also the two arrows at the bottom cannot be linked to anything either. note: the two arrows are part of the background image so I just put empty divs on top of them to act as buttons. I hope I am overlooking something simple

Thanks
atomic.zip
(1.85 KiB) Downloaded 369 times
store_capture.JPG

Instructor
Site Admin

Re: linking issues

Post by Instructor »

Don't worry about it Mark. Basically what you are running into is that div tags themselves can't be used for links. Because they have no intrinsic value in HTML they are basically unclickable. In order to make your images links you have to either make 'em foreground images in the div tags or put in some <a> tags with a text link and then style it like we did our buttons (display: block; text-indent: -10000px; etc.) with a horizontal and vertical size and background image in the styled <a> tag.
If we feel useful in life and loved, it sure makes life significant and wonderful

Toni McDonough - GRC 275 Instructor
tmcdonough@tmcc.edu | 775-583-5262

markp

Post by markp »

oh yeah, duh. was getting punchy. thanks

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

I think we need to establish a midnight limit for you, sir.
If we feel useful in life and loved, it sure makes life significant and wonderful

Toni McDonough - GRC 275 Instructor
tmcdonough@tmcc.edu | 775-583-5262