Project 2 Preliminary Critique - Rebecca Baumann

Post links to your Project Two websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
re8ecca

Project 2 Preliminary Critique - Rebecca Baumann

Post by re8ecca »

Here are two concepts for my product pages. When a category is clicked on, it will first show a list of all products in that category, and then the user can click on individual products to drill down further, which is where they can add it to their cart.

In the first set, I created a horizontal product menu:
keys_background_product_categories_horizontal.jpg
keys_background_product_page_horizontal.jpg
In the second set I played with having the menu made out of typewriter keys:
keys_background_product_categories_vertical.jpg
keys_background_product_page_vertical.jpg
Rebecca Baumann
rebecca.dsb@gmail.com

markp

Re: Project 2 Preliminary Critique - Rebecca Baumann

Post by markp »

these are very attractive designs. the first set reminds me of really interesting book cover art. the second seems a little more familiar as a website, but I think either would work fine. I think these would look especially good on a touch screen like an iPad, it would be fun if the typewriter keys made an appropriate sound when touched. I love the juxtaposition of old fashioned images in a modern tech setting

donnalouwho

Post by donnalouwho »

Both designs are just amazing, Rebecca. So hard to pick! I think I prefer the horizontal, my eye seems to do what comes naturally and read the page from left to right and the vertical design makes my eyes sort of go in no particular order. Either one, however, would be awesome! Looking forward to seeing the final product!
Donna Harn

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Hm. Looks to me like you've got two equally strong designs that go with your brand here. I personally prefer the first set. I like the large, round product buttons on the category page and the round picture frame on the individual product page. I think it better reflects the circular typewriter buttons and effects used on the overall design and it feels more whimsical which is a major part of your brand in my opinion.

Good work!

BTW I'm really looking forward to your product description text. Your Project One gave me quite a good laugh and I want to see what you do with these products.
If we feel useful in life and loved, it sure makes life significant and wonderful

Toni McDonough - GRC 275 Instructor
tmcdonough@tmcc.edu | 775-583-5262

UnKool Moe Dee

Post by UnKool Moe Dee »

Rebecca,

I think both of these designs are well thought out and help create unity with your existing site. I think that the round buttons of the first layout complement your typewriter logo better, and the layout and spacing of the elements is very pleasing to the eye. Good work.

Aharon
"God is dead"
Nietzsche,1883

"Nietzsche is dead"
God, 1900

Alexey

Post by Alexey »

I dont know which one to choose, both designs work great. I like that your website(and specific design) will both work on desktop and tablets or phones. Good job!

brianfreemantmcc

Post by brianfreemantmcc »

You designs are so unique! I think I prefer the first design becaugr utters more balanced. I love them both though.