FINAL - Soundsystem is Live

Post links to your Project Three websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
kylesmith

FINAL - Soundsystem is Live

Post by kylesmith »

After a weekend of frenzied coding my masterpiece is done. Soundsystem is a collection of songs that I listen to on a frequent basis that inspire my work. So I made them into a web-app playlist for all to enjoy. Just dont tell the music police :D

Overall I learned a lot with this project in the javascript category. Namespacing FTW. Also dipped into inuit css framework witch looks to be amazing. Didn't utilize many of its features but its super nice. Much better than twitter bootstrap if you have lots of custom design to do as it lacks any "design css".

Any new webkit (chrome & safari) browser should be supported. Firefox & IE are slacking with the html5 <audio> tag support.

Loading times will be a bit bad. If a song fails to load the album cover art will typically not show up until the song completes loading. I have been tweaking the file quality trying to get he sound files down so the page loads faster, but its not going to be ideal. Currently at my home connection its around 3-5 seconds to load, so keep that in mind. If a song stops mid way though just refresh the browser and it should have most of the songs in cache so it will load fast. If all the album covers are showing up on the right column you should be good to go. Just click a song and enjoy.

PS When you click a song it will play all songs under it till it hits the bottom. Was trying to loop them but was having trouble with the lack of a js callback.

Enjoy!

http://soundsystem.kylesmith.me
Kyle Smith

kylesmith

Re: FINAL - Soundsystem is Live

Post by kylesmith »

So I just tested it in IE at work and it works!. Probably only for IE9 that enables chrome frame to be used but it works in IE.
Kyle Smith

brienicole

Re: FINAL - Soundsystem is Live

Post by brienicole »

looks good, I feel like it work better as an app... but thats not necessarily a bad thing!
Brie Porterfield

- Time isn’t a straight line. It’s all… bumpy-wumpy. There’s loads of boring stuff. Like Sundays and Tuesdays and Thursday afternoons. But now and then there are Saturdays. Big temporal tipping points when anything’s impossible.