project 3 roughs

Post links to your Project Three websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
treesa

project 3 roughs

Post by treesa »

rough1.jpg
rough1_p2.jpg
rough2.jpg
rough2_p2.jpg

brienicole

Re: project 3 roughs

Post by brienicole »

Oh let me count the ways I love Vinny... haha but that aside I for sure like the layout of the first one. You may (or may not) run into problems with the larger imagery but I think you can come up with a creative solution.
Brie Porterfield

- Time isn’t a straight line. It’s all… bumpy-wumpy. There’s loads of boring stuff. Like Sundays and Tuesdays and Thursday afternoons. But now and then there are Saturdays. Big temporal tipping points when anything’s impossible.

joshua.miles

Post by joshua.miles »

I think im leaning more toward the first set. I think they are more dynamic. I like the large painting of his face and the logo overlapping. You will have to be careful on your other pages that the value of the logo and the painting behind arent too close. I really think creating mobile and/or tablet concepts will help you understand how the site needs to shirk and grow. Overall good start.

Joshua

kylesmith

Post by kylesmith »

I gravitate to the second one. That lower section is just asking for http://masonry.desandro.com/. If you dont have that kind of skill then you may want to go with the first one or simplify your grid to be even row heights. Unless it is and the hover state is really large. Which if that is the case will be hardish to do without some javascript. To simplify everything if you are looking for that i would make the overlays fit inside the image int he grid or use a Lightbox of some kind which does require js but most of them are super easy to setup.
Kyle Smith

miss_kristine

Post by miss_kristine »

I like the first set, the layout is simpler and more impactful with larger imagery.

MissTinaBodden

Post by MissTinaBodden »

I also like your second design. The imagery is more affective than when it is all mixed together.
Tina Bodden

nelso220

Post by nelso220 »

I really like both of these designs. I'm feeling the bottom design more, there's a little more organization : )

I'm loving the use of his art in your design too : )
Ashlie Nelson