Porject 3 - Preliminary

Post links to your Project Three websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
vtat

Porject 3 - Preliminary

Post by vtat »

Hello everyone, here's my roughs for project 3. The person I'm creating a website on is a manga artist, E. Oda, and his work, One Piece. OP a manga filled with ideas that are unique and different, which sometimes helps me comes up with odd/strange ideas for my work.

Layout 1
d1_home.png
d1_content.png

Layout 2
d2_home.png
d2_content.png
Vy Tat

MissTinaBodden

Re: Porject 3 - Preliminary

Post by MissTinaBodden »

Cool concept. I really like your second set. Eerything flows well and is framed.
Tina Bodden

brienicole

Post by brienicole »

I like elements of both, but the gallery layout in your second one is better so I would stick with that direction. Fun though.
Brie Porterfield

- Time isn’t a straight line. It’s all… bumpy-wumpy. There’s loads of boring stuff. Like Sundays and Tuesdays and Thursday afternoons. But now and then there are Saturdays. Big temporal tipping points when anything’s impossible.

joshua.miles

Post by joshua.miles »

I think the first design is more dynamic. I like how its broken up into columns. Good start.

Joshua

kylesmith

Post by kylesmith »

I would drop the landing page. Pages with no real content are pointless nowadays. You rarely see them in the wild. The first layout is much stronger imo. The second has the lines are are...bent?!...not really sure, just looks like its a mistake to me. I would also like to see some color in there somewhere. I notice in the first one you have a darker red then it goes to a bright blue accent color and I think those should match up a bit better. Maybe there is a reason for the color and if that is the case then just forget that last part :)
Kyle Smith

miss_kristine

Post by miss_kristine »

I like the design of page one on layout two with page two of layout one. The second page of layout two seems better to navigate, and is also an interesting concept, and I think the first page of layout two is more of a simple statement and I like the contrast the hand drawn line provides.

nelso220

Post by nelso220 »

I like both : ) I think the second set of designs might work better when you design for the mobile sized websites!
Ashlie Nelson

treesa

Post by treesa »

I like the second design, I think the line break gives it an interesting element and the layouts seems more user friendly