project 2 final

Post links to your Project Two websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
wysiwyg

project 2 final

Post by wysiwyg »

http://www.grc275.com/student/fall_2012/david_bjerre/

Well, there it is folks! I still had issues with my javascript showing up over my nav bar, my search doesn't work, and the javascript to display my thumbnails when you click on them isn't working, but only when it's on the server... sooooo, all that aside, i believe it turned out um... nicely?
A vote for DAVID BJERRE is a vote for ANARCHY ... so please, vote for anarchy. The zombies will thank you...

wysiwyg

Re: project 2 final

Post by wysiwyg »

I updated it and fixed some errors. I don't know how to get the javascript that opens up when you click the thumbnails to work though. I got it to work just fine on my local computer, but on the server, it just doesn't wanna work. Has any of you had problems with yours not working only on the server? Like javascript wise I mean...
A vote for DAVID BJERRE is a vote for ANARCHY ... so please, vote for anarchy. The zombies will thank you...

kylesmith

Post by kylesmith »

I like what you have done with this site. Couple things I noticed when going through it. You should this about using some standard looking social media links. They all look like they are a different size. Try icomoon.io/app and download some that are maybe wrapped in a circle or something to give them a more uniform look. I would also increase your line height to around 20 to make it your text a bit easier to read from a comfortable distance. Found myself leaning forward to read some of the text.

BTW your popups wont work because jQuery is not loading properly. It may be because you are loading jQuery twice and that may be messing things up. Not entirely sure but that would be my best guess since it appears all the links look correct.
Kyle Smith

vtat

Post by vtat »

Nice job David. I really like your image slider, it's very creative and nicely done. The only little problem I have would be your rollover "buy me" buttons, the rollover color is a bit too close to the original button, so it's not too noticeable, unless it's intended.
Vy Tat

brienicole

Post by brienicole »

I love it and its so you (sorta??) so creative and fun. Like we talked I bet the ftp is fighting and not refreshing. I bet it works in like a week like mine did haha.
Brie Porterfield

- Time isn’t a straight line. It’s all… bumpy-wumpy. There’s loads of boring stuff. Like Sundays and Tuesdays and Thursday afternoons. But now and then there are Saturdays. Big temporal tipping points when anything’s impossible.

wysiwyg

Post by wysiwyg »

Alright. I made some changes and TADAH!!! The javascript runs now. go check it out kiddos...

shgc13

Post by shgc13 »

Good job. The site is great. The problem that I have is on safari. Your links do not work and the navigation also does not work sometimes. I do not know how to fix this. Other than that, you have dark side. Nice job on the website.
Hi this is Charlie and Wizzywig is a dirty liar.

miss_kristine

Post by miss_kristine »

I really like your site design, I like how everything rises up from murky depths, really fits your products. I also like your pop ups for you product descriptions, very professional looking.

walters36

Post by walters36 »

your site design is done well. The part that stands out to me the most is the image that moves with the scrolling down of the page. very well done.
Lindsey Walters