Preliminary 1- Tina

Post links to your Project Two websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
MissTinaBodden

Preliminary 1- Tina

Post by MissTinaBodden »

Here is what I came up with for my first preliminary. After seeing everything you guys had to say about my final project 1, I went and took my background out and I will recreate my navigation so it is not images. Here you go...
Attachments
prelim2_tb_1.jpg
prelim2_tb_2.jpg
Tina Bodden

kylesmith

Re: Preliminary 1- Tina

Post by kylesmith »

Looks good I think I like the new no background approach. Im not a big fan of the gray box surrounding each product. Think about changing that to a brighter color, it seems like that dark of a color brings everything down and doesn't make me want to but anything. Apart from that your form labels are all misaligned, but that is just a PS thing, just pointing it out because it looks sloppy.
Kyle Smith

miss_kristine

Post by miss_kristine »

I think your form is huge. You could decrease it by 25-50% and I think it would look better. I like how you staggered the products page, it's an interesting approach.

nelso220

Post by nelso220 »

I do agree the product page looks too long, make things a little smaller I think it'll add.

I like your contact page! : )
Ashlie Nelson

wysiwyg

Post by wysiwyg »

I love the minimalism; however, it feels rather bare. Perhaps have a subtle texture in the background. and maybe more color here and there would do nicely.
A vote for DAVID BJERRE is a vote for ANARCHY ... so please, vote for anarchy. The zombies will thank you...

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Nice reworking of your design. I like the simplification throughout. It really helps the images and colors stand out. I like the little fleur-de-lis up top. I think the function as a nice framing device and give a little splash of color

However, it does seem to go a little farther into the minimalism in some spots and gets a little dull. Loose the gray boxes around your products and ad a hint of texture to the background or some very subtile thing to ad a bit of visual interest. Perhaps an enlarged faded back flour-de-lis at the bottom behind your content.

Good work and I like the direction you're going in.
If we feel useful in life and loved, it sure makes life significant and wonderful

Toni McDonough - GRC 275 Instructor
tmcdonough@tmcc.edu | 775-583-5262

shgc13

Post by shgc13 »

I like the new look. I think also the grey box needs a little work. I would try to make it more subtle and less noticeable. I think the type for each is a little hard to read, so I might try a different font to see if it might work out better. Good job.
Hi this is Charlie and Wizzywig is a dirty liar.