Codelab Plugins and News

Post links to your Project Two websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
kylesmith

Codelab Plugins and News

Post by kylesmith »

Here are my designs for project two. As I'm not a huge fan of designing something twice I decided to bend the rules a bit and also design another page in my site that needs to be finished.

Here is the design for the Plugins (my products) page.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/95516175/codelab_plugins.jpg

Here is the design for my News page
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/95516175/codelab_news.jpg
Kyle Smith

miss_kristine

Re: Codelab Plugins and News

Post by miss_kristine »

Nice layouts on both pages. I like your use of textures and gradients. On the plug ins page, is that top portion of imagery going to scroll? Otherwise the cutoff images are bothersome.

kylesmith

Post by kylesmith »

Yeah top images will scroll and have the some hover popup to show the information for the plugins. Going to use that section as the "featured" plugin area.
Kyle Smith

MissTinaBodden

Post by MissTinaBodden »

I like your layout for both pages. Viewing the site is a little hard because everything is so large (text, images, etc).
Tina Bodden

vtat

Post by vtat »

Both the plugins and the news page are nicely designed. I like the hierarchy used for the news page, it does bring my eyes to what is most important, and next. The plugins page, there's nothing for me to critique since it's very nice, and I also got a few ideas from those featured websites you have on your plugins page :D very cool
Vy Tat

nelso220

Post by nelso220 »

I'm liking the layout designs : D

Ahaha I like the article page you have going too!

Keep up the good work!
Ashlie Nelson

wysiwyg

Post by wysiwyg »

I WANT KOOLAID!

Nice layouts. great use of textures and color.
A vote for DAVID BJERRE is a vote for ANARCHY ... so please, vote for anarchy. The zombies will thank you...

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Actually Kyle, this is still a bit in line with Project Number Two. The goal of this stage of the project was to incorporate a functioning ecommerce store onto the informational website you had built in Project One. So your first example fits with the project quite nicely. The second is obviously your own.

That being said, these are a nice extension of the design you established in Project One. I especially like the quasi-app store look you have going for the products page. It's very colorful without being busy. I have no trouble navigating either of your pages. On the news page (however much of a stretch of the project guidelines it is), you have an excellent navigational and content hierarchy established. I can pick out critical and desired info quickly.

Both of them feature excellent uses of contrast, gradient, type and font. Good work, even if it half violates the project.
If we feel useful in life and loved, it sure makes life significant and wonderful

Toni McDonough - GRC 275 Instructor
tmcdonough@tmcc.edu | 775-583-5262

shgc13

Post by shgc13 »

I like the layout of the two new designs. I think it would be cool to have each plugin be a selected and expand into the product by itself with a description and add to cart option. I think it would be neat and I know you can figure out how to do something advanced with it. Good job.
Hi this is Charlie and Wizzywig is a dirty liar.