Project two Preliminary

Post links to your Project Two websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
wysiwyg

Project two Preliminary

Post by wysiwyg »

Sooooo, I'm pretty sure we were supposed to have our project two preliminary rough due today (10/16). But I see no one else has posted yet.... ???

Well anywho, here's sort of what I'm thinking for my catalog...

For catalog 2 everything is more contained. there are your standard page number navigation buttons along the bottom and everything is just right there.

For catalog 1 it plays more with the scrolling where you can just scroll to the next page in the category instead of actually clicking on anything.

Also, here's what my site looks like so far:
http://www.grc275.com/student/fall_2012/david_bjerre/

But totally ignore what I have for the store in that version. I'm going to change things like the red borders and stuff... so don't freak out at how disgusting those red borders are... >P
Attachments
catalog 2
catalog 2
catalog 1
catalog 1
A vote for DAVID BJERRE is a vote for ANARCHY ... so please, vote for anarchy. The zombies will thank you...

kylesmith

Re: Project two Preliminary

Post by kylesmith »

I think you have a good start with the cart stuff in your drawing. Since they are basically the same design I would go with either of the two and just roll with it. I think your site is coming along quite well and I look forward to seeing it when you get finished with the cart ie project 2
Kyle Smith

miss_kristine

Post by miss_kristine »

Both designs are similar, but the first one seems to have a neater, more organized appearance, thus easier to browse.

MissTinaBodden

Post by MissTinaBodden »

Your designs are similar but I agree with Kristine about your first design. I like that your navbar is sectioned out in a organized fashion.
Tina Bodden

vtat

Post by vtat »

I'm looking at your website right now, and I find that all those masks you've added to your image slider very cool and creative! The only little thing I notice would be the "shop" headline and description is a little small and having it on the top corner of the area makes it really easy to miss that part...
Vy Tat

nelso220

Post by nelso220 »

I saw you in the works of these designs in last class.

Looking forward to the results, I think you'll do great! : )
Ashlie Nelson

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Very similar, but nice designs David. Looking at your sketches, I'd say I like elements of both. I think the the scrolling in your catalog 1 lends itself to an openness and freedom but I also like the structure and delineated buttons of catalog 2. Try blending together the endless scrolling from one with some of the nice clean structural elements in two. Good work.
If we feel useful in life and loved, it sure makes life significant and wonderful

Toni McDonough - GRC 275 Instructor
tmcdonough@tmcc.edu | 775-583-5262

shgc13

Post by shgc13 »

I would have to agree, I like a mixture of both. We talked about in class how the grey box needs some fixing up and most masks look better floating. I think having them clickable and opening in another small box with the description about each one and the cart button might work. Good job.
Hi this is Charlie and Wizzywig is a dirty liar.