project 2 prelim

Post links to your Project Two websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
miss_kristine

project 2 prelim

Post by miss_kristine »

Since my ecommerce site is centered around a concept that is supposed to be a brick and mortar establishment, my catering page is the catalog. From here you will be able to browse brief descriptions, prices and images of catering options offered by the Cupcake bar. My order form page feels a little ho hum, so suggestions are appreciated!
Attachments
order_rough.jpg
catering_rough.jpg

kylesmith

Re: project 2 prelim

Post by kylesmith »

Your form is all out of whack. typically forms have strict alignments so people know they are filling out the same form. Currently you have some inputs at the bottom left then some top right across the page. Also the img behind the form messes with my eyes. You may want to think about changing either the img to be not as sharp or darken it or something. Or just dont overlay the form over it. Also I just noticed you have your labels on the right side which is also weird. I would stick to either above or to the left for readability.

The second page looks good its just a bit confusing still. I would eliminate as many click through menus as you can before you get to the actual product pictures and purchasing button or people just wont figure it out/get annoyed and leave.
Kyle Smith

MissTinaBodden

Post by MissTinaBodden »

I like your product page but it is hard to see that the star is used to show what subnav your on. Also I agree with Kyle on your contact page. I would move your labels for hierarchy reasons.
Tina Bodden

walters36

Post by walters36 »

I too agree, with kyle your page is defiantly out of whack and the names should be on the right side because. That is the way we see things when we first look at a web page.
Lindsey Walters

vtat

Post by vtat »

The form is a bit spread out right now, I would suggest creating a form that is all on one side of the page which would help make the form easier to follow. Maybe you can have your form all on the right side, and have the image on the left side of the page, that would eliminate having the image behind the form problem that Kyle stated.

As for your catering page, I like it. I don't know what you're going to put in as your content yet, but I like the overall setting of the page. :)
Vy Tat

nelso220

Post by nelso220 »

there needs to be a bit more unity in these designs. It is a little hard for me to see what's really going on here. I do kind of wish there were more I guess products to look at here.

Keep up the good work though : )!
Ashlie Nelson

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Hmmm, to me it seems that both your form and your product pages are a little ... adrift.

As Kyle and other pointed out, it's difficult to follow your form. I wouldn't know where I was filling it out, or even what I was filling out. I'd say shrink the whole think by about 25%, tighten up all your text boxes, and put the labels to one side or the other as longs as it's consistent (I recommend the left). Maybe shrink the whole thing down more and have in that gray area to the right where the second column of this form is.

I can follow your product page a little bit better. I assume the block of lorem ipsum on the right is your product description and the purple drop down menu is your product categories. It still seems a little scattered to me. I'd either move the text over or insert an image to fill the gap between your menu and the product description. If you do use an image, scoot the text down a little bit, it's crowding the image up at the top.

Overall, they feel a bit disconnected from your first design. I think with a bit of tightening up, they should go well though.
If we feel useful in life and loved, it sure makes life significant and wonderful

Toni McDonough - GRC 275 Instructor
tmcdonough@tmcc.edu | 775-583-5262

shgc13

Post by shgc13 »

I like the layout overall. I think the form page needs a little work with the white boxes and organization. I might style it a little different to see how it works another way. I think the white box on the picture looks a little weird too, so I might want to fix that. I think the type on the left is ok if you want it that way. I prefer on the right, but that is a personal preference. Good job.
Hi this is Charlie and Wizzywig is a dirty liar.