Project 03 Final

Post links to your Project Three websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
Cole_Richarrds

Project 03 Final

Post by Cole_Richarrds »

Hi all! Here we are, the end of the road, this project was a lot of fun and I learned a lot while creating it. I changed the font from the critique and used some lighter colors, I also made the pictures have curved corners, I thought it fit a bit better with the overall event. I decided pretty early on I wanted to try making a one page website, I thought it fit better with my layout as a lot of the content connected to each other. I had a rough time at the beginning trying to use margins and padding to make section, but I finally found the <section> tag and that was a lifesaver, it contains different sections and they automatically stack themselves. If I went back I might change the navigation a bit to make it a bit better looking, I do like the drop down menu I made for the information sections. Overall I think my website came out well and I am happy with the finished product. I also created a personal website this past week that I included as well. Hope everyone has a good winter break and happy end of the semester!

Project 03 Site: https://www.grc275.com/student/fall-202 ... project03/

Personal Website: https://colerichards.design/
working-graphics-cr.zip
(21.54 MiB) Downloaded 119 times
Cole Richards (he/him) (betes boy)

mckenzie

Re: Project 03 Final

Post by mckenzie »

This looks so cute! The home page made me want to look at the other pages, which brought me to the gallery page. I love the gallery, literally puppies, kittens, and rubber ducks... I'm ready to adopt one!

Cj9497

Post by Cj9497 »

Your work is truly amazing. I like your page layout for all your pages easy to follow and read through.

Christopher B

Post by Christopher B »

Hi Cole,
Well done man, great idea to get all your work linked to your portfolio! The duck website is really fun - great use of the gradient background. Have a great winter break and good luck with your web design career!
------
Christopher Bargman
chris@cbdatadesign.com
775-283-8817

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Cole I do like the rounded edges on the images. Your h1 are bumping into the Nav bar. It is great you found the Section tag, it along with these are important to keep the structure of your site held together so Google crawlers like you, but more importantly to help screen readers: https://www.w3schools.com/html/html5_se ... ements.asp
I am super impressed with how you put this all together and you can add it to your many other proof of your excellent competency in Web Design!

Did classmate critiques: yes
eye catching home: yes
page about the event: yes
news page about the latest goings-on at the event: yes
gallery page: yes
Event Schedule/calendar: yes
informational page on how people can get involved: yes
map: yes
mail form: yes completely working

responsive working: yes

Info page: yes
email form : yes
alt tags on images. Yes . . Yes except note: Using logo for an alt tag does not explain to someone what the logo actually looks like. alt tags are for those who cannot see the image and their screen reader dictates using your descriptions in alt tags to describe the image to user.
live and fully functional: yes
title, meta tags, keywords, alt tags: yes
External Style sheet used to control layout: yes
Creative solution: yes
Clarity of communication: yes
aesthetics: color, typography, layout, etc.: yes
effective navigation: yes
effective information and interface design: yes
working-graphics submitted: yes
If we feel useful in life and loved, it sure makes life significant and wonderful

Toni McDonough - GRC 275 Instructor
tmcdonough@tmcc.edu | 775-583-5262