Project03 Prelim SEMA

Post links to your Project Three websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.

1 or 2

50%
50%

Total votes: 2

bdawg11

Project03 Prelim SEMA

Post by bdawg11 »

What's up everyone. Here are my designs for the SEMA event. I tried my best to not copy the actual site. Part of them are a little lazy, but I plan on fixing that when I code everything out.
Concept 01:
Concept 02:

liv-lil_cactux

Re: Project03 Prelim SEMA

Post by liv-lil_cactux »

These look great Brady! Nice use of grid for images. I wonder if you could any other elements to this? But overall this looks awesome.

bmeyer

Post by bmeyer »

Hi Brady,
I like the top design the best. I think the image and logo work well together on the home page. I would incorporate the red into the top design, maybe when you hover, or as an accent color. Good job!
-Bella Meyer

Cole_Richarrds

Post by Cole_Richarrds »

These are great! I have always wanted to go to SEMA, i think your second design is the strongest, the red and white fit with the theme of the event. I would try to mess with the navigation a bit, i find its a bit overcrowded, you could keep it to home, events, about, news, and then have the rest either subpages of those or have a dropdown for the informative sections, something to think about. Otherwise these look awesome!
Cole Richards (he/him) (betes boy)

Christopher B

Post by Christopher B »

Hey Brady,
The pages with the transparent gradient above the full-width images really look good. Consider a hover-effect when you mouse over images, etc!
------
Christopher Bargman
chris@cbdatadesign.com
775-283-8817

YoAdrian!

Post by YoAdrian! »

Hi Brady,
These look really good. I'm partial to the red one, but the black design has a sleek look to it. For simplicity sake I might try to rethink your navigation. Do ALL of those items need to be at the top, or can come be combined? Maybe go with a burger menu to start so you can list a million navigation items down a line? Also, if you can, try to rebrand their logo a little, not sure how, but you've got it in you!
-Johnna Chism ;)

Cj9497

Post by Cj9497 »

I like the first one better it shows more contrast with the black-on-white. As for the layout I really like how consistent it is from page to page.

isaacm03

Post by isaacm03 »

Hey Brady,

These concepts are both great! You've grown a lot as a designer. I think I am leaning toward the red set of layouts, but I would love the background image from the first set on the second. The colors are great and you have an interesting topic. As for my critique, I would consider giving the logo more room to breathe on the main page and in the headers. Good job!

Isaac

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Brady, The red on Design 2 is like racecar Red, yes that is the one I prefer. I like your san serif font choice, a simple font to allow the curves of the cars to be the focus. I might want to see more of the homepage photo, so perhaps the SEMA could be less emphasized? smaller transparent? or?
If we feel useful in life and loved, it sure makes life significant and wonderful

Toni McDonough - GRC 275 Instructor
tmcdonough@tmcc.edu | 775-583-5262

Osmar_Sandoval

Post by Osmar_Sandoval »

Hi Brady,
I really like the second design with the red color. I don't know if you could maybe add a faded pattern to the background or maybe make all the images the same size using photoshop to make it be organized. Great work!