Project 3 --- Preliminary Roughs

Post links to your Project Three websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
Christopher B

Project 3 --- Preliminary Roughs

Post by Christopher B »

Hi class,
Here is my Project 3 Preliminary sketch - themed after the 2024 Data Science Conference in Amsterdam, June 17th - 19th! All comments are appreciated - I hope to get creative with the layout if time permits.............

Fullscreen Version 1:

Project-3-Rough.jpg

Fullscreen Version 2:

Project-3-Rough - v2.jpg
Fullscreen Inset Page:

For Tablet:

Project-3-Rough - Tablet.jpg
For
Project-3-Rough -Inset.jpg

For Cell Phone:
Project-3-Rough - Cell Phone.jpg
------
Christopher Bargman
chris@cbdatadesign.com
775-283-8817

Cole_Richarrds

Re: Project 3 --- Preliminary Roughs

Post by Cole_Richarrds »

Hi Christopher, these look really good! I don't know much about the event but I really like your use of color and the layout, I also like the button you have for the dropdown menu, at least thats what I assume the purple object in the top right is, I think the color that you're using for the text is a bit too dark when viewed against the dark background, at least for the home page, I might try to use one of the colors in the design like you have for the other pages, I might also try to use another font for body copy, something still sans-serif but a bit less expressive, otherwise this looks great, cant wait to see it finished!
Cole Richards (he/him) (betes boy)

bmeyer

Post by bmeyer »

Hi!
I like to overall vibe of your designs. I really like the font you used and how the background is a map. My advice would be to use the colored lines at the top as your nav bar. Good job!
-Bella Meyer

YoAdrian!

Post by YoAdrian! »

Hi Christopher,
These are very cool concepts. I love the dripping bubble/circles. That could be a really cool background to carry throughout and would lend to a million different color combinations too. You could also used the circles as a mask for your hero images on your inner pages...just an idea. I really like the header stripes too, you're gonna have fun with this one for sure.
-Johnna Chism ;)

Cj9497

Post by Cj9497 »

I'm really liking the circle design. It seems to have that scientific feel you are going for. Also, the picture of the Amsterdam one is eye-catching. It gives poster esc vibes. That page would be cool as a website home page.

mckenzie

Post by mckenzie »

I LOVE this design. Originally, I wanted to do a cyberpunk cosplay event, although I didn't have the time, I love how you represented yours in the same cyber universe and I think your use of color and shapes and lines pull together a cohesive and exciting electronic design.

isaacm03

Post by isaacm03 »

Hi Christopher -

Great work, I love these concepts. I think I'm leaning more towards the circle idea, I think it makes your site more dynamic. As for the critique, I think you have inconsistent spacing that can be fixed with no problem. Good luck!

Isaac

Osmar_Sandoval

Post by Osmar_Sandoval »

Hi Christopher,
I really enjoy your designs, especially the one with the circles. I really enjoy the style of it, I'm not familiar with your event but the design fits it very well from the looks of it. The colors are also really well chosen and the magenta that you chose is very nice against the dark background. I would be careful with the density of the circles as to not let one side get too heavy with the sizing of the circles. Keep it up!

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Christopher, the Home page composition showing Amsterdam city is striking, I hope you use it. Love the gold font with the lights and the watermarked map. The top right is the button? Will users just be used to clicking on top right? delete comma after week, Font choice is perfect.
If we feel useful in life and loved, it sure makes life significant and wonderful

Toni McDonough - GRC 275 Instructor
tmcdonough@tmcc.edu | 775-583-5262