Project 02 Preliminary

Post links to your Project Two websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
Cole_Richarrds

Project 02 Preliminary

Post by Cole_Richarrds »

A final and a prelim in a day, busy times. Here is my prelim for project 02, the company I went with is a fake lightsaber sales company, that is selling lightsabers in universe, I want to focus on the lightsabers used in the movies and shows by the jedi and sith. The first set of designs is more simplistic with the navigation, I prefer the second concept, the navigation will be a drop down menu and the different navigation items will be different colors when hovered over. I also created the logo for it. Please let me know what you think and I wish you all good luck!
draft1-desktop1.png
draft1-desktop2.png
draft1-mobile1.png
draft1-mobile2.png
draft2-desktop1.png
draft2-desktop2.png
draft2-mobile1.png
draft2-mobile2.png
Cole Richards (he/him) (betes boy)

qcottel

Re: Project 02 Preliminary

Post by qcottel »

Hey Cole!

As an avid Star wars Fan, I'm really excited for your Project 02! I'm with you about the second concept, I think the blend of grey gives the site some visual depth. I also like how you arranged all the elements in Draft 2 also.
Looks good man!

bdawg11

Post by bdawg11 »

Hey Cole,
I like the idea of lightsabers, I was contemplating this too. I also like the pictures you got. Ultrasabers is a good spot for them. Really liking the second design.

bmeyer

Post by bmeyer »

Hi Cole!
I think both designs are good but I would go with the first one. I like how the name of the company is above the nav bar. I also like the color scheme. However, it is a little hard to read. So I would either make the background lighter, or use a more legible font.
-Bella Meyer

isaacm03

Post by isaacm03 »

Hi Cole!
You got a cool product here! I think I like the black layouts more than the grey, but I do think they need splashes of color more than what is currently there, because this feels very similar to your last concept! I'm excited to see it!

Isaac

YoAdrian!

Post by YoAdrian! »

Hi Cole,
These are cool ideas. I think I like your 2nd design better, especially if you can make the rainbow mobile menu icon work (I gave up on mine in the last project). I really like your logo design...maybe you could carry the dashed circle into the background image more? Just as a little texture or extra element behind the products? This will be a fun layout to see in the end.
-Johnna Chism ;)

Cj9497

Post by Cj9497 »

I like the one with a dash rainbow circle around the lightsaber. think that one works well.

Christopher B

Post by Christopher B »

Hey Cole,
Great creativity and thorough process in the Preliminary stage. While I think that it's hard to not want to use the color black for a light saber event, I think that you could use it more strategically. I really enjoyed the version with the black header and the grey body.

Potential concept: white header and nav w/black letters; black body with white letters. Or vise versa
Keep having fun with it!
------
Christopher Bargman
chris@cbdatadesign.com
775-283-8817

Osmar_Sandoval

Post by Osmar_Sandoval »

Hey Cole,
I'm loving the design of your logo, I like how it uses the hilt of the saber with multiple colors around it to signify the many colors a lightsaber can be in. Although maybe I would make the color lines a bit thicker to make them easier to see, when its on the smaller side like on your website it can lose the detail of the multiple color effect. I also enjoy the layout of your website quite a bit, although in spaces of pure black maybe you could add some sort of texture. Maybe a sort of dark space image to not make it look as jarring but still more visually interesting to fit in on the whole space saber aesthetic. Great work!

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Cole, great idea of hovering changing colors as well as using sabers we all know, why would I want a generic one anyway right? I would prefer a scaled back/more transparency watermark image.
If we feel useful in life and loved, it sure makes life significant and wonderful

Toni McDonough - GRC 275 Instructor
tmcdonough@tmcc.edu | 775-583-5262