project 2 Charlie Johnson

Post links to your Project Two websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
Cj9497

project 2 Charlie Johnson

Post by Cj9497 »

here is my project 2 designs for preliminary critique sorry for being really late. For the first 4, I was thinking of creating a square background because most of them have a square layout design for their packaging and whatnot. As for the second set I like making shapes with a pop of color. I think it is a creative design. What do you think?
project _2_vertical_sales_layout_2_1.jpg
project _2_vertical_sales_layout_2.jpg
project _2_vertical_product_layout.jpg
project _2_vertical_home_layout_2_1.jpg
project _2_vertical_home_layout_2.jpg
project _2_vertical_home_layout.jpg
project _2_horizontal_product_layout.jpg
project _2_horizontal_home_layout.jpg
Last edited by Cj9497 on Thu Oct 12, 2023 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

YoAdrian!

Re: project 2-

Post by YoAdrian! »

Hi there,
Can you remind me of your name again? I don't see your signature anywhere so sadly I can't address you by name...so I'm sorry about that :). I really like your 1st design that is mostly pink. The squares twisty design is cool, but could get crazy on the eyes. The only thing I would do at this point is maybe design your own logo for the project vs. using the Arizona Icetea's logo? Maybe it could be a cool ice tea vendor site where you sell every kind of ice tea that's out there? Which ever way you take your site, it looks like it's going in a good direction.
-Johnna Chism ;)

bdawg11

Re: project 2 Charlie Johnson

Post by bdawg11 »

Hey Charlie,
I am really liking the swirly design. Although I think that the header needs a box of its own if you do end up doing it.

isaacm03

Post by isaacm03 »

Hi Charlie!

Lovely work here! I like both your layouts, but I think the swirly layout with the checkerboard design is cooler and represents Arizona as a brand more. I do think you should play around with contrast more, as a detailed-ish background like that can be a challenge when using smaller types.

Great work!
Isaac

Christopher B

Post by Christopher B »

Hi Charlie,

Great colors and great use of non-rigid lines (i.e. curves).

Potential concept: The Arizona Ice Tea logo shouldn't be the same color pattern as your background - it becomes hidden. Inverse the color scheme or create a way for the logo colors to pop.

Good job man,
------
Christopher Bargman
chris@cbdatadesign.com
775-283-8817

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Charlie I like your first concept because I like the breathing room, and flowing objects. The 2nd one is too busy for me.
If we feel useful in life and loved, it sure makes life significant and wonderful

Toni McDonough - GRC 275 Instructor
tmcdonough@tmcc.edu | 775-583-5262