Project 2 - Prelim YOU ROCK!

Post links to your Project Two websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
YoAdrian!

Project 2 - Prelim YOU ROCK!

Post by YoAdrian! »

That's right everyone! I'm gonna sell ROCKS that ROCK! The name of my company is "Rock" though I may expand on that in the future. The idea is that I'll have a whole bunch of rocks and dress them up cartoon-style to make them "Punk Rock", "Hard Rock," "Soft Rock," "Yacht Rock," "Glam Rock," you name it. I'll also sell merch to create the rest of the projects so people can buy their favorite rockin' rock on a rockin' t-shirt or hat. I like the idea of my 2nd design better, but I'm not sure if I'm cool enough to get the record to spin and the products to rotate when you click the "Play" button, but it's always good to dream big I guess and then pull back when I realize my coding skills are still in their infancy.

Thanks for looking!

ROUGH 1
Rough #1 - HOME - Web
Rough #1 - HOME - Web
project02_1_rough1-web-home.png (2.73 MiB) Viewed 7164 times
Rough #1 - HOME - Mobile
Rough #1 - HOME - Mobile
Rough #1 - MERCH - Web
Rough #1 - MERCH - Web
project02_3_rough1-web-merch.png (3.34 MiB) Viewed 7164 times
Rough #1 - MERCH - Mobile
Rough #1 - MERCH - Mobile
ROUGH 2
Rough #2 - HOME - Web
Rough #2 - HOME - Web
project02_5_rough2-web-home.png (3.08 MiB) Viewed 7164 times
Rough #2 - HOME - Mobile
Rough #2 - HOME - Mobile
Rough #2 - MERCH - Web
Rough #2 - MERCH - Web
project02_7_rough2-web-merch.png (5 MiB) Viewed 7164 times
Rough #2 - MERCH - Mobile
Rough #2 - MERCH - Mobile
-Johnna Chism ;)

Cole_Richarrds

Re: Project 2 - Prelim YOU ROCK!

Post by Cole_Richarrds »

Hi Johnna! I really like your concepts and you main idea, I think that the second concept is the stronger, I would change the navigation, add some grunge to the buttons and maybe skew them slightly, I think that would add some visual interest. I really like the colors in the second concept as well. Well done!
Cole Richards (he/him) (betes boy)

bmeyer

Post by bmeyer »

Hi Johnna!
I think your company is so cute and unique. I really like your first design. It feels very modern and I like the negative space. My only advice would be to incorporate the orange in more of the design. Maybe for the boxes around the merch? Overall, good job!
-Bella Meyer

isaacm03

Post by isaacm03 »

Hi Johnna!

You have yourself a great website right now! I love the concept and although the wanted output is something new, I know you can handle it. You should consider thickening up the strokes on the boxes to match the lightning bolt in the header. Great work!

Isaac

bdawg11

Post by bdawg11 »

Hi Johnna,
I love this idea for a website. I am liking the second design more. I think the colors are better. Although I think that I like the first home page design better.

mckenzie

Post by mckenzie »

Hey! Of course, you brought something original and very visually pleasing to the table. Who would've thought of different kinds of rocks as products? when can I buy one? The only thing I would say is maybe sprucing up the background with even just some super big shapes? It might be distracting but some things to try. So excited to see how this turns out!

Cj9497

Post by Cj9497 »

I like the second rough the best it doesn't feel cluttered like the others. The color choice works better also in that rough also. Good job

Christopher B

Post by Christopher B »

Hi Johnna,
Nice job on the website, it rocks:) I like the white background the best and I think it evokes a comic book feel.
Potential concepts: invoke/evoke comic book style graphics for buttons and other content.....
Well done!

814+WMSJ2DL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg
------
Christopher Bargman
chris@cbdatadesign.com
775-283-8817

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Johnna, this is hilarious. I like the 1st concept, but the thing that is keeping me back from the 2nd, is too many items atop the record, the master rock is enough right? If you do end up using the 2nd, the play buttons are great. Not sure about green as its background. The hand on the logo being your main logo? Fun that you are selling real merchandise too. I guess their shipping will be more if they want to add the weight of a rock.
If we feel useful in life and loved, it sure makes life significant and wonderful

Toni McDonough - GRC 275 Instructor
tmcdonough@tmcc.edu | 775-583-5262