GRC 275 - Prelim 2

Post links to your Project Two websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
Christopher B

GRC 275 - Prelim 2

Post by Christopher B »

Hi class,
Here is yet another (incomplete) Project Prelim. I hope to get the necessary sub-pages added by Sunday.
TARGET: Home construction and Airbnb market - not all people can easily turn their homes into Airbnb locales. That is where our service will come into play!

Below are two homepage variations:
---V1---
Project-2-ecommerce-rough.png
Project-2-ecommerce-rough.png (15.07 MiB) Viewed 12147 times
---V2---
Project-2-ecommerce-rough-v2.png
Project-2-ecommerce-rough-v2.png (32.98 MiB) Viewed 12147 times
------
Christopher Bargman
chris@cbdatadesign.com
775-283-8817

Christopher B

Re: GRC 275 - Prelim 2

Post by Christopher B »

Christopher B wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 10:10 pm Hi class,
Here is the COMPLETE Project 2 Prelim, with responsive design and clickthrough variations.
TARGET: Home construction and Airbnb market - not all people can easily turn their homes into Airbnb locales. That is where our service will come into play! Please tell me what sucks and what sucks more - thanks!!

Below are two homepage variations:
---V1---

Project-2-ecommerce-rough.png

---V2---

Project-2-ecommerce-rough-v2.png

----TABLETS----

Project-2-ecommerce-rough-v2-tablet.png

---V2---

Project-2-ecommerce-rough-v2-tablet-v2.png

--- CELL PHONE ---

V1
Project-2-ecommerce-rough-v2-phone.png

v2
Project-2-ecommerce-rough-v2-phone-v2.png
------
Christopher Bargman
chris@cbdatadesign.com
775-283-8817

Cole_Richarrds

Post by Cole_Richarrds »

Hi Christopher, I really like both of your concepts, I think the strongest of the 2 is the first, I really like the colors and use of space, I might try to condense the space where the photos are, maybe put them horizontal instead of vertical, and in smaller sizes then make them vertical, there is just a lot of empty space than seems longer than it is since it is blank. I might also change the fonts, the serif and sans-serif aren't working perfectly. i really love the colors in the design and the overall layout. Well done!
Cole Richards (he/him) (betes boy)

bmeyer

Post by bmeyer »

Hi Christopher,
I like your first design the best. The headline is a good selling point and works well with the image of the couple. I also like your logo, it feels modern. I would change the headline font to something more modern to match the aesthetic of the rest of the design.
-Bella Meyer

YoAdrian!

Post by YoAdrian! »

Hi Chris,
What a cool concept for your Project2, sooo many ways you can go with this. I'm a little more drawn to your 2nd design. I like your home logo, super fun. If I could change anything at this early stage, it might be to select only 2 typefaces for now? I see 3 or more, so maybe just one typeface for the titles then another for the information and navigation? Just a thought and is totally personal :). Can't wait to see how this turns out.
-Johnna Chism ;)

bdawg11

Post by bdawg11 »

Hey Chris,
I am definitely liking your first design a lot more. It is better with color and fonts. Definitely the way to go.

Cj9497

Post by Cj9497 »

Its hard to choose between the two. I lean towards the first design though. It feels more complete to me. The one thing I would consider is empty space . Some places in the design feels to empty.

isaacm03

Post by isaacm03 »

Hi Chris!

Great layouts you have here! I think I am leaning towards the first set, I really like the imagery you used, but I think you should try different color schemes to see if you find anything cooler!

Great work!
Isaac

Osmar_Sandoval

Post by Osmar_Sandoval »

Hi Chris,
I love the design you got in the first set, the background colors you used works really well into the flow of the website. Maybe trying to add more of that flow into your mobile version would be a nice touch, not just on the button at the bottom. Keep up the good work!

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Christopher, I fell in love with the show cashpad, so I am a fan of this concept. After you get it done, you can sell it to a contractor. I think you r2nd concept is looking more polished and doable. I am not a fan of the school bus yellow background, and the photo of lady seems condescending. I love 'Say hi to your new revenue source' Great tag line.
If we feel useful in life and loved, it sure makes life significant and wonderful

Toni McDonough - GRC 275 Instructor
tmcdonough@tmcc.edu | 775-583-5262