p01 final

Post links to your Project One websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
mckenzie

p01 final

Post by mckenzie »

This was super difficult, and it isn't perfect. But, here it is.

https://www.grc275.com/student/fall-202 ... project01/
Last edited by mckenzie on Thu Oct 12, 2023 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cole_Richarrds

Re: p01 final

Post by Cole_Richarrds »

Hi McKenzie, I really like your design! It conveys the artist and his art well and is visually interesting. The one thing I would change is the navigation, at certain screen sizes it disappears above the top of the screen. Otherwise well done!
Cole Richards (he/him) (betes boy)

bmeyer

Post by bmeyer »

Hi McKenzie,
I like how your website turned out. I think the gray color scheme with the pops of rainbow is super cool. I also really like all of the imagery you chose. The only advice I have would be to make the body copy a little smaller on the about page. Good Job!
-Bella Meyer

YoAdrian!

Post by YoAdrian! »

Hi McKenzie,
Your link is being funny.... here's the full one...

https://www.grc275.com/student/fall-202 ... project01/

I love the ascetics of your site, the colors, the fat white navigation! Awesome. Me being a 1/2 blind person, I especially love the large font sizes. Thanks for that! If I could change anything for the next time, it might be to center your navigation ? Or explore a slightly more responsive way of coding the navigation so it pops up correctly no matter what size your screen is. Nice job on your site overall McKenszie, this stuff isn't easy, I'm jealous at seeing some of your images look all lovely right next together. Mine gave me issues, so I appreciate seeing 2 images play nice together on a site.
-Johnna Chism ;)

Cj9497

Post by Cj9497 »

I really like your home page it is visually interesting. I like how the image seems to be the focal point of the first page. But the pop of color in the type caught my eye. Just with the first page it has me wanting to learn about the person even more. great job with the overall design.

Charlie Johnson

bdawg11

Post by bdawg11 »

Hi Mckenzie,
I love the design of your front page. I can see that when you were coding it that it was meant for a larger screen. Everything turned out great.

liv-lil_cactux

Post by liv-lil_cactux »

Hey McKenzie! I like the colors you used on the homepage, idk if it's my computer but I couldn't find any of the links. But the homepage looks awesome otherwise!

isaacm03

Post by isaacm03 »

Hi Mckenzie!

Your site turned out great! I love the contrast of color on the black & white background. My feedback to you is to keep working on making pages responsive but otherwise its awesome!

Isaac

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

McKenzie, Wow the home page colors really has personality!
Total bummer that classmates were not able to see your site unless they knew to change the size of their browser viewing. Your media query should solve that, your links all work, it is just the sizing of screen.

Way to go that you jumped ahead with considering project 2 Events and For Sale pages.
You have some partially revealed text on bottom of each page.
Wonderful choice of all your photos.

Prelim Critique participation 02/12 (self and late student not included)
Final Critique participation: 7 out of 7 ontime turn ins (self and late students not included)

Upload your zipped working graphics to forum which should have your snag, style sheet, thumbnails, roughs
If we feel useful in life and loved, it sure makes life significant and wonderful

Toni McDonough - GRC 275 Instructor
tmcdonough@tmcc.edu | 775-583-5262