Project 1 - Final / ROTHKO

Post links to your Project One websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
YoAdrian!

Project 1 - Final / ROTHKO

Post by YoAdrian! »

Hello hello,
Here's my link!

https://www.grc275.com/student/fall-202 ... index.html

Let's start with the positive! Things can be seen on the interwebs and the pages all link to eachother! Yes! Is it pretty? I'm not entirely sure, but I'm learning tons and I know I have A LOOOOOOG way to go. Just FYI, responsive stuff is mostly there, but some pages were extra mean buggers and I couldn't get my flex boxes to behave correctly. Also, the overlapping text on the "ABOUT" page is a consciences design decision, meaning I did intend for it to look like that and was pretty excited that I actually got it to do that! Yay. Ooh, and I got the favicon to work! Can't wait to see all you stuff. Good job guys. Oh and be kind...remember, I'm not a web designer....just someone taking a web class who has A LOT to learn.
working-graphics-jmc.zip
2nd posting of "working_graphics" folder, original post was uploaded to FTP St
(266.59 MiB) Downloaded 112 times
Last edited by YoAdrian! on Mon Oct 16, 2023 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Johnna Chism ;)

Cole_Richarrds

Re: Project 1 - Final / ROTHKO

Post by Cole_Richarrds »

Johnna, this is great! I think you nailed it, the layout is really well done and the colors in the navigation is very well done, I am thinking of doing something similar for project 2. I think the only thing I would work on is on the about page, I think having the text a bit more centered on the image would help. Otherwise well done!
Cole Richards (he/him) (betes boy)

bmeyer

Post by bmeyer »

Hi Johnna,
I really like the overall design of your website. Your use of typography is super cool, I like the vertical headlines. The website fits the aesthetic of Rothko. My only advice would be to make the vertical type on the gallery and contact page either smaller or fill the empty space to the left of them more. Good Job!
-Bella Meyer

isaacm03

Post by isaacm03 »

Hi Johnna,

Once again, your work ethic has paid off tenfold! Your website is great, and everything works and feels as it should. I love the gray background and how it clashes against some of Rothkos work. My main critique is to make sure all of your links are working properly. I ran into a bit of an issue trying to reach the contact page from the about page.

Great work!
isaac

YoAdrian!

Post by YoAdrian! »

Yikes Isaac! That was scary...I just checked all my links again, and they all work on my end. Maybe it was a server thing not responding quickly enough? Thanks for letting me know though :)
-Johnna Chism ;)

Cj9497

Post by Cj9497 »

I like how the pictures complement the type with the overall size. I like how the type on the side leads your eye down the page. The text placement isn't consistent from page to page.

bdawg11

Post by bdawg11 »

Hey Johnna,
Great work on the website. Your hard work paid off. All of your slides work great.

liv-lil_cactux

Post by liv-lil_cactux »

Hey Johnna! Nice work! I like the sizes you went with. And the grid of photos looks awesome!

mckenzie

Post by mckenzie »

WOW your website looks amazing! The design is so clean modern, and responsive. I really need to know your coding strategies because it looks and functions great.

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Johnna, the home page is stunning!

I really love the vertical text idea telling user the page they are on. Perhaps that could be for different content, but still I love the visual aspect of it.
When user is on photo gallery, it would be helpful if they had a link to take them to the Paintings gallery, and the reverse too, since going back up to the Nav Gallery and going back to the other is not intuitibe.
Way to go on the Content page, nice form!
Your site is uncluttered, bold, and striking.

Prelim Critique participation 12/12 (self and late student not included)
Final Critique participation: 7 out of 7 ontime turn ins (self and late students not included)

Upload your zipped working graphics to forum which should have your snag, style sheet, thumbnails, roughs."
If we feel useful in life and loved, it sure makes life significant and wonderful

Toni McDonough - GRC 275 Instructor
tmcdonough@tmcc.edu | 775-583-5262