PROJECT 1 PRELIM

Post links to your Project One websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
Cj9497

PROJECT 1 PRELIM

Post by Cj9497 »

HERE IS WHAT I HAVE. For this project, a straightforward clean layout would work best for this project. I also like playing around with shapes to create some interest.
Attachments
inner_page_3_2.jpg
inner_page_3_1.jpg
home_page_3_2.jpg
home_page_3_1.jpg
home_page_2_2.jpg
home_page_2_1.jpg
home_page_1_2.jpg
home_page_1_1.jpg

Cole_Richarrds

Re: PROJECT 1 PRELIM

Post by Cole_Richarrds »

Hi! I really like your designs, they have a lot of visual interest and work well for the artist. I think your strongest layout is the second with the pictures, it shows off the art and artist while still being visually interesting. I might change the front page so it is just Vincent Van Gogh and the other pages showcasing his artwork, I would also use a different font, keep the font the same over the entire site so there is more focus on the subject. Well done! Can't wait to see it finished!
Cole Richards (he/him) (betes boy)

isaacm03

Post by isaacm03 »

Hey Charlie!

I like both concepts you have here! They keep my attention and I love all the overlapping seen in both. I think your second set is the stronger of the two as the art is shown off more. My feedback to you is to keep testing out line spacing and overall layout, but the potential is definitely there. Love it!

Isaac

bmeyer

Post by bmeyer »

Hello!
I like both the designs but I think the second one fits Van Gogh more. I like how you made his painting the centerpiece of the home page, and the fonts work well. I think the nav bar could be a little bigger and you could possibly list the paintings under a drop-down. Good Job!
-Bella Meyer

YoAdrian!

Post by YoAdrian! »

Hi Charlie,
I agree with Bella here. I think your second designs honors Van Gogh's work a little better. I don't think he was into geometric shapes so much and pushed the limits of post-impressionistic . But you could use the same shape concept, but maybe replace the hexigons with some of his brush strokes, like on the background of his self-portrait? The only thing I would change would be to make your navigation text/typefaces a little smaller so that the artwork stands out more. Have fun with this one, he has a lot of great work to draw inspiration from.
-Johnna Chism ;)

Osmar_Sandoval

Post by Osmar_Sandoval »

Hey Charlie,
I think the way you used shapes in your designs is really interesting, and my eyes are drawn to it. I think the better design is the second design with the images of Van Gogh's work, I think it works better and gives a bit of variety while still being unified using the white background. I think you could work a bit on organizing the UI as the elements seem a little close together at the top, spreading them out will help them be easier to read and navigate. Good job!

liv-lil_cactux

Post by liv-lil_cactux »

Nice Job! The first one is definitely a unique way to layout a webpage. I would play around with the shades / colors a bit more on the first one just because it is showing up a bit intense on my screen.OVerall Well Done! (:

bdawg11

Post by bdawg11 »

I am really liking your design with the pictures. I think you could make them bigger and use them on the whole screen. you could add a bar for the navigation.

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Charlie, I prefer your 2nd design, and I like the classic look of your home page. I would suggest placing fonts completely on white space, and consider changing the white to a light color pulled from the photo. Your Nav Bar should have smaller fonts.

For the 1st idea, I feel the predominance of the size and the color red is distracting which is why I like your 2nd better.
If we feel useful in life and loved, it sure makes life significant and wonderful

Toni McDonough - GRC 275 Instructor
tmcdonough@tmcc.edu | 775-583-5262

Christopher B

Post by Christopher B »

Hi CJ9497,
I like how avant-garde you website looks! Just make sure that the text is legible and I think you'll be good.
Well done!
------
Christopher Bargman
chris@cbdatadesign.com
775-283-8817