Project 1 - Prelim / ROTHKO

Post links to your Project One websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
YoAdrian!

Project 1 - Prelim / ROTHKO

Post by YoAdrian! »

Hello,[/size]
I decided to go with Mark Rothko, mainly because I can stare at his paintings forever. I realize my designs are on the simple side, but the struggles in coding HTML and CSS are real. I need to acknowledge my PTSD from GRC175 and try to get a better handle on the basics before I go crazy on my layouts. So please forgive me in advance.

Thanks for looking!

Layout 1
Layout 1 - Home - Web
Layout 1 - Home - Web
grc275-proj1-rough1_jmc-01.png (2.28 MiB) Viewed 10138 times
Layout 1 - Home - Mobile
Layout 1 - Home - Mobile
Layout 1 - About - Web
Layout 1 - About - Web
grc275-proj1-rough1_jmc-03.png (1.61 MiB) Viewed 10140 times
Layout 1 - About - Mobile
Layout 1 - About - Mobile
Layout 2
Layout 2 - Home - Web
Layout 2 - Home - Web
grc275-proj1-rough2_jmc-01.png (10.21 MiB) Viewed 10140 times
Layout 2 - Home - Mobile
Layout 2 - Home - Mobile
Layout 2 - About - Web
Layout 2 - About - Web
grc275-proj1-rough2_jmc-03.png (2.15 MiB) Viewed 10140 times
Layout 2 - About - Mobile
Layout 2 - About - Mobile
-Johnna Chism ;)

Cole_Richarrds

Re: Project 1 - Prelim / ROTHKO

Post by Cole_Richarrds »

Hi! Your concepts are great! I love the look of each of them, the hamburger menu being different in some of them is super cool and I am definitely stealing that idea. I agree that the concepts are simplistic but I think that is a good way to go, let the artist and their art shine through instead of your design. The first design really stood out to me with that painting and the color brought to the menu, I might add some of that color to the desktop size as well, maybe when you hover over the navigation items they turn those colors? Well done!
Cole Richards (he/him) (betes boy)

isaacm03

Post by isaacm03 »

Hi Johnna!

One thing I always appreciate about your work is the devotion to making each site fun to look at in each project. For this reason, I gotta go with the second concept you have. The home menu is great, and I love the perspective-warped type. That kills. My only feedback is to consider using a different font for the inner pages, as it feels almost a bit too friendly compared to the massive, bold, striking headers. Love it either way!

Isaac

bmeyer

Post by bmeyer »

Hi!
I think all of your designs are really good and represent the artist. My favorite is the first one. I like the pop of orange with the gray background, and the font you chose works well. I think it would be cool if you added the orange throughout the rest of the pages. Good Job!
-Bella Meyer

Osmar_Sandoval

Post by Osmar_Sandoval »

Hi Johnna!
I really like the look of your designs, although I gotta go with the first design. The layout of the UI and the contents on the pages work really well and draw my attention, especially the last name of your artist being all big and the letters becoming outlines when in front of the artwork, that works really well. It was a bit strange seeing that separation line at the top on your mobile versions, since the only thing there is the hamburger menu. It does help unify it with the web versions, so maybe you could just try moving the hamburger menu icon to the middle to imply that it's a drop down menu from the top instead of the right side. Or maybe adding something else there to fill the space, whatever you think is better. Overall, great work!

Cj9497

Post by Cj9497 »

I like layout 2 I like the colors you have chosen. The layout is simple to follow it catches my eye. The placement works perfectly with that layout.

kai

Post by kai »

Hi ya Johnna!
YOUR DESIGNS ARE SO SICK! For your inner pages I think what you were doing for design set 1 works really well as it has some visual funk while still being readable! The home page on the second design is so visually interesting and awesome to look at! I think the type in the header in design set 2 is just too much and distracting from the more important parts of the page.
Your stuff is awesome and I am really stoked to see the end product!!! (‾◡◝)
Kai Backflipped here (⌐■_■)(⌐■_■)

liv-lil_cactux

Post by liv-lil_cactux »

Great work Johnna!! I love the second homepage, it feels so unique! The fonts are totally adding to the art museum vibe as well (:

bdawg11

Post by bdawg11 »

I personally prefer the first design. I like the way colors interact with each other.

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Johnna, I prefer layout 1 with your unique use of fonts and colors-each time I go back and see the colors, I like it more; and I am sure you would put your body copy flowing in a different spot. Your colors really grab me.
It is good to go simple, since he did say, "Silence is so accurate."
If we feel useful in life and loved, it sure makes life significant and wonderful

Toni McDonough - GRC 275 Instructor
tmcdonough@tmcc.edu | 775-583-5262