project03 preliminary

Post links to your Project Three websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
gclouser701

project03 preliminary

Post by gclouser701 »

I need more time to add and change things to make more aesthetically pleasing and better looking.
website02-02.png
Attachments
website02-01.png
website-02.png
website-01.png

hamistani

Re: project03 preliminary

Post by hamistani »

Hello Gavin,
I like the colors you chose to use in your design, and I like the fonts you used. It is easy to navigate and will be easy to get information. The "sign up for..." on the image is a little hard to read, so I would put an outer glow on it, or I would put a dark filter on the image. I really like how you arranged the inner page, but I would put the smaller image on the edge, or I would add more left margin to the bigger image. Great job!
- Heather Amistani 8-)

Krueckl

Post by Krueckl »

I think that the design of both your home pages is great. I think I am leaning towards your first one a little more where it also has the about section underneath. My eyes move easier through each section of the page if that makes sense. I would suggest making the font size of the content slightly bigger. Just slightly. I like the page with where the upcoming tournaments pictures are larger because it is easier to see and to read. The one with a lot of small pictures is slightly overwhelming to look at. Can't wait to see the final. Nice job.

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Oooh! Your layout game is coming up in the world, Gavin. Looking good. I like your second one, the homepage at the bottom of your attachment stack with the inner page above it.

Your layout really is quite good here. My eye moves through the composition easily and I can find my way around the document smoothly. It does a great job of breaking the info up into easily digestible chunks. I like your use of illustrational photos for each of your content areas, too. Your photos are great, BTW. Very dynamic and they do a good job of informing me whats going on without straight telling me. I especially like the large photo area at the top of your home page. Good choice of colors the black and red work well against the white. And the white works well as a background for your photos and test. I like your font choice, as well. Super clean and easy to read. Your navigation is easy to see and use.

What this thing really needs is contrast. The layout is there, but without contrast it will look pretty plain. I'd recommend doing your top navigation as a black bar. Your accent red will play well with it and the white type will pop. I think once you do that, it will bring our the rest of the layout.

Nice work!
If we feel useful in life and loved, it sure makes life significant and wonderful

Toni McDonough - GRC 275 Instructor
tmcdonough@tmcc.edu | 775-583-5262

andramada

Post by andramada »

your color choice of red for your highlighted accent color provides great contrast and visual interest when placed in conjunction of the photos with the white robes and blue mats. its very good. either layout works for your website. however the red header losses visibility over the grayscale header photo. this is due to the fact that red is actually in darker tones than most colors and doesn't have much contrast with black. personally, I like the layouts where the header does not overlap with the header photos and think they are actually better. i think they have good balance between all the elements and the combinations are easy to have the eye travel through.