project 3 preliminary

Post links to your Project Three websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
andramada

project 3 preliminary

Post by andramada »

i am doing the great reno balloon races for my events website.

roughs02-02.jpg
roughs02_index.jpg

roughs01-02.jpg
roughs01_index.jpg

hamistani

Re: project 3 preliminary

Post by hamistani »

Hello,
I like your first design more! I like the colors you chose to use and I love the top image you chose. I also like the arrows to change the articles. I would add more top and left margin for your logo, and I would put a dark fade on the top image and put the headline on the image. Great job!
- Heather Amistani 8-)

Krueckl

Post by Krueckl »

I also think your first design looks best. The colors really pop against the white background. The thing that I like better in the blue layout is how you made the logo with the little cloud. It adds a little creativity to it and makes it a bit more playful. Overall I think the design is very nice.

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Look, balloons! It IS a party. I like your first one best. Good contrast even though it uses lighter colors.

The blue in your header and footer are perfectly chosen. They bring to mind the sky and balloons drifting through it. Both the header and footer do a great job of framing your content. Ordinarily I wouldn't really care for the white background, but here it works well and makes for a great backer to your photos. Great choice of photos, too. They do a great job of summarizing the aesthetics of the Balloon Races and showing what the event has to offer potential visitors. They also make a nice little collage though the website. Your fonts are working well too. The thin sans-serif bodycopy is easy to read and the serif headline type gives the whole thing a warmth and solidity.

I'm not 100% sure where your navigation is going to go. I assume somewhere in that top bar. I'd recommend left justifying your copy in the top right text block. Maybe push down your page title so that it's centered between your top picture and the content beneath it. Also, add a little more margin beneath your logo so it's not quite as close to the bottom of your header bar.

Nice work!
If we feel useful in life and loved, it sure makes life significant and wonderful

Toni McDonough - GRC 275 Instructor
tmcdonough@tmcc.edu | 775-583-5262