Project 2 Preliminary

Post links to your Project Two websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
hamistani

Project 2 Preliminary

Post by hamistani »

Hello Everyone,
This is my project two preliminary. I definitely like my first design more. The first design is lighter and more elegant, while the second design is darker with more pop art added to it. My invention is gum that makes you fly, I drew all of the illustrations except for the background city, so it took a long time to complete. However, I'm happy with what I came up with!
Attachments
home-example-01.png
inner-example-01.png
home-example-phone-01.png
inner-example-phone-01.png
home-example-02.png
inner-example-02.png
phone-example-02.png
inner-example-phone-02.png
- Heather Amistani 8-)

Krueckl

Re: Project 2 Preliminary

Post by Krueckl »

I like your first design the best. The biggest difference that I notice is that it is a lighter background color. I think this adds to the light-heartedness of the product idea. It is a fun and creative product. I like the way the navigation is laid out at the top and the image that you created. It is simple and easy to read. I also really like the logo you made. Very unique and creative. The way you made the shop page for the product looks easy to navigate as well.

cpeter2

Post by cpeter2 »

I have to say the first design that you have is my favorite. It's very light and works well with what you are trying to sell, I would say on the page where you are selling the product to see if you can possibly add a gradient with color or something to the background so that it doesn't feel as empty. Aside from that great job.
.    .   * ✵   🚀   ✦
✦. 🛸 Carl   ✦   
· ✦     . *       

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Oh no! Mr. Contrast is about to betray his principles. I, too, like the lighter version.

What a fun little website! I love the idea of gum that has such tensile strength that you can blow a bubble big enough to pick you up and float you away from all your troubles. A novel product in a class where I see plenty of oddball ideas. Romantics and spies (and romantic spies) should have a pack. Doing all the illustrations has really given everything an integrated feel. The design has depth, both metaphorically and literally. The whole thing has a "Caroline" quality to it. It's got whimsy oozing out from it all over the place. I like your limited use of color. You've weaponized that to draw the eye to critical bits on the website like the title, the logo, and the product images. Nice work on the typography, too. The serif and script typefaces work well together to warm the thing up. Good margin work as well. Everything has room to breathe without drifting apart. Your navigation is easy to see and use and I like how your homepage cartoon is gently parting it. Really locks the cartoon in with the layout.

I prefer the look of the pages that have the skyline to the one's that do not. Maybe bring in more/different skylines to the various inner pages? Make it feel like you're seeing different parts of the city. Like you're drifting above it, encountering different pages of your website.

Great work!
If we feel useful in life and loved, it sure makes life significant and wonderful

Toni McDonough - GRC 275 Instructor
tmcdonough@tmcc.edu | 775-583-5262

andramada

Post by andramada »

I like the lighter back ground for it has better contrast with all the elements and makes it easier to see all the details in the back ground, Bible gum character and products. I would recommend repeating the back ground city scape in the other pages to create a more interesting product page and creat unity through out the whole site. I would be interested to see the title shop repeat in the desktop view s well s the mobile view and to see what font you’ll choose for the body copy.