Project 2 Preliminary

Post links to your Project Two websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
cpeter2

Project 2 Preliminary

Post by cpeter2 »

Hello everyone, Sorry for the late post. These are the two designs that I have come up with for my project 2.

Version 1
Web
Project02_Web_A1.jpg
Project02_Web_A2.jpg
Mobile
Porject02_Mobile_A1.jpg
Porject02_Mobile_A2.jpg
=========================================
Version 2
Web
Project02_Web_B1 copy.jpg
Project02_Web_B2.jpg
Mobile
Porject02_Mobile_B1.jpg
Porject02_Mobile_B2.jpg
.    .   * ✵   🚀   ✦
✦. 🛸 Carl   ✦   
· ✦     . *       

Instructor
Site Admin

Re: Project 2 Preliminary

Post by Instructor »

What a nice, clean design you have here, Carl. It uses contrast well. But where it's really strong is color. I like that you chose more vivid versions of the blues and greens that are already present in succulents. There's just enough color to add visual interest to what feels like a simple black and white design. I especially like the way the gradient interacts with the layout on your computer home page. It's mostly white with the gradient providing a splash of color in the lower right third. A really good look. The shifting gradient on the inner pages interested me as well. Your logo's great too. Almost a fractal succulent, pulling me in! I like the type you chose for your headline and buttons. A VERY different font. But, in short bursts, I can read it. Your navigation is easy to see and use, and I like your non standard hamburger on your mobile design. It's a little dot grid! The clean layout really helps. You're using just a bit of contrast and those really cool colors to take care of the visual interest department and it's working. Your product page is well alidf out and I look forward to seeing it with a variety of products in it.

The inner pages might look a little better if you dialed the gradient back a touch so it's more like what you have on your home page, but from a different corner. I don't know that I would use your headline type for your bodycopy. It's fine for headlines and buttons, but it gets a little tough to read in blocks. Some nice sans-serif would do fine there.

Good job!
If we feel useful in life and loved, it sure makes life significant and wonderful

Toni McDonough - GRC 275 Instructor
tmcdonough@tmcc.edu | 775-583-5262

andramada

Re: Project 2 Preliminary

Post by andramada »

I love the font choices and colors in the first layout, they are very interesting to look at and feel very alive. This helps with the product since they are living plants. However the green suits the succulents better but I feel is a little too dark and competes with the body copy and images of the plants. I would recommend making the body copy lighter and make sure your products have a white back ground so that they do not disappear in the dominant green back ground. All in all, both layouts are very clear and easy to tell the navigation.