project 1 rough for birkography

Post links to your Project One websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
andramada

project 1 rough for birkography

Post by andramada »

i have two style i have as an idea for my gallery page on the photographer Matt Birkholtz

the first style is clean and i intend to use a highlight color form each series of photography to be used as the color in the headers and body copy.
the second is a sort of retro polaroid style
Attachments
rough 2 clean dark style-04.png
rough 2 clean dark style-03.png
rough 2 clean dark style-02.png
rough 2 clean dark style-01.png
rough 1 poloroid-04.png
rough 1 poloroid-03.png
rough 1 poloroid-02.png
rough 1 poloroid-01.png

Krueckl

Re: project 1 rough for birkography

Post by Krueckl »

I like your design with the dark background the best. I like the way that the pictures are organized in the galleries. I think it would help to add some borders or some kind of background to highlight the pictures in the gallery. I like the colors you chose for the font and the way it contrasts against the dark background. The pink against the dark background also looks great. I think the dark background really enhances the sunset photos you have chosen to use.

cpeter2

Post by cpeter2 »

Hello Andramada, Your first design with the dark black background definitely caught my eye. It's very clean it is very clean and to the point, yet it still has some flair in it which I really like. The pink and the blue are both highlighted well on the brown background however I feel like you could and should utilize it a bit more with the pictures that you have. Perhaps having some outlined in the colors or having some other graphics elements in that color. All and all thought this was a very nice design and cant wait to see it when you have coded it.
.    .   * ✵   🚀   ✦
✦. 🛸 Carl   ✦   
· ✦     . *       

gclouser701

Post by gclouser701 »

I have to agree with Carl and say that your dark website is much better. Its simple and clean but I think it promotes your artist best. I think if you were to add larger typography it would look even better

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

As much as I love skeuomorphic design, I must say that I really like your first design the best.

I really like your color choices on the first one. Rather than a harsher black you went with a dark warm gray that does serve to highlight the colors of the images, but also warms them up and helps establish a natural feeling to them. The blue and orange you chose work well with it. I like your rounded sans-serif typography as well. It goes well with your photos. Speaking of your photos, they are well chosen. They really highlight Matt Birkholtz's work and show the range of what he shoots. I like the multiple navigations as well; you have a hamburger at the top and buttons further down the layout.

I'd recommend adding a bit more margin around your images on the home page on both your mobile and computer layouts as well as between your top bar image and your "Moments. Stories. Photography." tagline on your computer layout (it's fine on your mobile layout). Also, I think you should justify your bodycopy on both your mobile and computer layouts.

Nice work!
If we feel useful in life and loved, it sure makes life significant and wonderful

Toni McDonough - GRC 275 Instructor
tmcdonough@tmcc.edu | 775-583-5262

hamistani

Post by hamistani »

Hello,
Although I really like how the photos look in your second design, I like your first design more! I like the colors you chose, and I like the wildlife page where the raccoon image is across the screen. I would add a bit more margin around the images and maybe try to get them the same. Great job!
- Heather Amistani 8-)