Project 1 roughs

Post links to your Project One websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
cpeter2

Project 1 roughs

Post by cpeter2 »

Hello, I chose to do my website on Syd Mead. He has been a great inspiration for a lot of my work. His vision and designs in Tron especially have shaped and guided my sense of design over the years.

Version 1
Web
Project01_Web_A1.jpg
Project01_Web_A2.jpg
Mobile
Porject01_Mobile_A1.jpg
Porject01_Mobile_A2.jpg
Version 2
Web
Project01_Web_B1.jpg
Project01_Web_B2.jpg
Mobile
Porject01_Mobile_B1.jpg
Porject01_Mobile_B2.jpg
.    .   * ✵   🚀   ✦
✦. 🛸 Carl   ✦   
· ✦     . *       

Krueckl

Re: Project 1 roughs

Post by Krueckl »

Hi Peter,
I really like your second design composition. I love the curvy lines you used to add depth. The colors all work really well together and are easy to read. The font choices are also interesting and work well together. I think if you used buttons that were larger or had more contrast of color it would be easier to see (three buttons at the bottom right.) I'm not sure if those are navigation buttons but that was just my guess. I also like that you used a dark background for the body text but still left a little bit of transparency to add more depth to the website. The size of the first image of the artist is large and I am able to see it easily next to the rest of the text. The size of the images of his work is also eye-catching even though they are smaller. My eyes naturally go to each image after reading the text and are the center focus of your page, which works well.

cpeter2

Post by cpeter2 »

Krueckl wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:32 pm Hi Peter,
I really like your second design composition. I love the curvy lines you used to add depth. The colors all work really well together and are easy to read. The font choices are also interesting and work well together. I think if you used buttons that were larger or had more contrast of color it would be easier to see (three buttons at the bottom right.) I'm not sure if those are navigation buttons but that was just my guess. I also like that you used a dark background for the body text but still left a little bit of transparency to add more depth to the website. The size of the first image of the artist is large and I am able to see it easily next to the rest of the text. The size of the images of his work is also eye-catching even though they are smaller. My eyes naturally go to each image after reading the text and are the center focus of your page, which works well.
Oh, the Three Button-like things at the bottom right of the page are graphic elements that I thought looked interesting on the page.
.    .   * ✵   🚀   ✦
✦. 🛸 Carl   ✦   
· ✦     . *       

gclouser701

Post by gclouser701 »

I like the look and feel of your site. It's kind of futuristic, psychedelic, and Tron-like. I like your dark version best because it's just bolder and accomplishes a much more contrasting effect.

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Awesome! Syd Mead is one of my favorite artists. Pretty much the prototypical vaporwave aesthetic. I have an art book of his that's just fantastic.

Love the way your first design really captures his aesthetic. My favorite bit of it is all the little angular details you've added, especially on your mobile design. All the hard edge kinked lines and the different stroke depths and the bright and dark strokes. It all captures the Syd Mead feel. I like the black background too. It makes for a scrapbook style effect where any color you put on it is more vibrant to the eye. Makes for good contrast, too. Even the type pops. Good typographic choices as well. Your font and type weight really assist with the aesthetic and, being sans-serif, are super easy to read. Great choices of imagery too. The image on the home page is one of my favorites of his and I like that you've placed it in a circle. Adds some more visual interest.

Add a bit more padding inside your text container on your inner page on both your mobile and computer layouts.

Great work!
If we feel useful in life and loved, it sure makes life significant and wonderful

Toni McDonough - GRC 275 Instructor
tmcdonough@tmcc.edu | 775-583-5262

andramada

Post by andramada »

I am really enjoying the dark background layouts. The overall design choices create a very clean hierarchy between the artist's artworks and the rest of the site. I really like your unique take on a hamburger menu and how it relates and creates unity with the four-pointed star pattern. I think the open space concept also compliments the overall design choices as well. very well done, I look forward to seeing your vision as a functioning website.

hamistani

Post by hamistani »

Hello Carl,
I love your first design! I think it is clean and makes the artist's work stand out. The colors you chose all complement each other. I would add a bit more room on the top of your navigation bar because it looks a little cramped. Great job!
- Heather Amistani 8-)