Project 1 roughs

Post links to your Project One websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
Krueckl

Project 1 roughs

Post by Krueckl »

These are my roughs for project 1. I have always enjoyed the work of Gustav Klimt. I like the colors that he uses and the mosaic style he adds to his paintings.
web1.jpg
web about 1.jpg
mobile 1.jpg
mobile about 1.jpg
web2.jpg
web about 2.jpg
[attachment
mobile about 2.jpg
=1]mobile 2.jpg[/attachment]
Attachments
mobile 2.jpg

gclouser701

Re: Project 1 roughs

Post by gclouser701 »

Hi, I really enjoy the color palette of your second concept much better! The green and orange compliment each other well and I like the layout and the extra graphics included in the background. Great workl

cpeter2

Post by cpeter2 »

Hello, I loved the way that you used a minimal amount of orange as a highlight for your pages, The aesthetic that you used overall was really nice to look at. One thing that I would do, instead of having the Home button be on the tab, Instead have it be the logo that you have for yourself on the top left of your mockup. I think that it would look a lot nicer and free up some pace on the top of the screen. Font choice for the first mock-up is my favorite, the second one just doesn't have the same pop that the first one does. Overall Great job.
.    .   * ✵   🚀   ✦
✦. 🛸 Carl   ✦   
· ✦     . *       

andramada

Post by andramada »

I really like both layouts. honestly either will work for the project. they both have very clean layouts and hierarchy. this is accomplished by the bold color choices highlighting the pages. the bold type works well for both projects and balances well with the body copy. the bold colors of orange and black have a lot of energy and the teal color with white is soothing and relaxing. honestly either will work well.

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Oh, nice topic! Klimt would lend himself to a very interesting website indeed.

As you guys might guess, I'm all about that first one. I love it's simplicity and cleanliness and, of course your use of contrast. You have a color scheme that plays well together. The black, white, and orange bounce off each other nicely. I especially like the use of the white to call the eye to things. Your layout is so clean and simple it really highlights the work. I like the big booming margins that give everything room to breathe. One of the benefits of having that much room between elements is that the design is very easy to make liquid and easy to shuffle things around for the few responsive breakpoints you will need. It looks equally good in computer and mobile views. I like the "falling gradient" effect of your black leading into ever lightening oranges on your mobile layout and I also like the clean white type against a black background, framed by orange lines on your computer layout.

Watch your margins on your social media buttons on the home page. They're a little uneven and some of the left and right margins are different from button to button. Make sure they're even across all the buttons. I'd scoot your nav buttons away from the right edge of your mobile layout a little so they're aligned with the right edge of your "Twitter" social media button.

Good work!
If we feel useful in life and loved, it sure makes life significant and wonderful

Toni McDonough - GRC 275 Instructor
tmcdonough@tmcc.edu | 775-583-5262

hamistani

Post by hamistani »

Hello,
Very nice designs! I really like the simplicity of the first one and how the pop of orange just adds to the design. I don't think I would have cut out the background of Gustav Klimt's work. I would get rid of the line underneath the navigation bar when on it. And I would make the orange and black fill your background instead of the white. Overall, great job!
- Heather Amistani 8-)