project_01

Post links to your Project One websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
gclouser701

project_01

Post by gclouser701 »

This is my website based on one of my modern-day design inspirations Magdiel Lopez. I tried two different themes to show his work.
Attachments
magdiel_website-04.png
magdiel_website02-01.png
magdiel_website02-01.png (5.66 MiB) Viewed 1363 times
magdiel_website02-04.png
magdiel_website02-03.png
magdiel_website02-02.png
magdiel_website02-02.png (4.81 MiB) Viewed 1363 times
magdiel_website-03.png
magdiel_website-02.png
magdiel_website-02.png (13.72 MiB) Viewed 1363 times
magdiel_website-01.png
magdiel_website-01.png (6.16 MiB) Viewed 1363 times

cpeter2

Re: project_01

Post by cpeter2 »

I really like how you used the wite as a base with the pastels and gradients for your designs. It all ties together very well.
.    .   * ✵   🚀   ✦
✦. 🛸 Carl   ✦   
· ✦     . *       

Krueckl

Post by Krueckl »

The artist you chose has some really amazing work. The colored and white background both work well. I think I like your second design the best with the colored background. Even though there a lot of colors going on it all looks awesome. It looks great with the gallery work. The mix of font styles look good together also. I like the font choice for the titles. It is fun and unique. The little stars are a cool touch! Using a form to contact you is a great addition. Your Logo matches your style well and is simple yet classy. I think it would be cool if you added a unique submit button to the comment form. Looks good!

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

I like the version without the gradient. It's almost antiseptically clean. It really does a good job of being basically a photo album for Lopez's work. Great choice of artist, BTW. One of the great modern surrealists. The cleanliness lends itself to another strength as well. Every spot of color is magnified and expanded a thousandfold. It really makes his work stand out. Nice choice typographically as well, especially in the headline font. Your serif type is very legible, but has a whimsy to it that works well with the surrealist art. I like the little dividers here and there, to harden the "fences" between content areas. Excellent use of margins as well. I can really feel the sections and the divisions between them. They also enable you to really easily make the design liquid and responsive as your roughs prove out. I mean, the layout is already pretty vertical anyway, so it's not a great challenge to set it up for phones.

I'd make sure your navigation matches the baseline, dead center, or ascender height of your logo on your computer layout. As it is, it's vertically floating a bit.

Good job!
If we feel useful in life and loved, it sure makes life significant and wonderful

Toni McDonough - GRC 275 Instructor
tmcdonough@tmcc.edu | 775-583-5262

andramada

Post by andramada »

i agree that the clean non-gradiant layout works better. being that the artist's work is so surrealist and has a gradient the hyper-clean layout creates a contrast that does not distract from the work. the layout also utilizes a lot of white space which also adds to the artwork being the highest in the hierarchy. the layout typography also does the same thing. everything encourages the audience strongly to pay only attention to the artist's work only. the navigation also looks very simple and therefore easy to follow to the pages.

hamistani

Post by hamistani »

Hello,
I love both designs! However, I like the black and white design more because it allows the artist's work to stand out more. On the Magdiel Lopez page, I find it a bit hard to read the title with the picture as the background, so I would keep it blank. I'm excited to see this live, great job!
- Heather Amistani 8-)