Project 3 Final (for now)

Post links to your Project Three websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
NalaniN

Project 3 Final (for now)

Post by NalaniN »

Here is all I could finish for project 3. Please note there are no pages for Gallery, News, Schedule, or About. :( I hope to continue working on it after the semester is over, just for myself.

I had a miserable time trying to line up the nav links over the moon on the tablet/mobile home page to where it wouldn't look terrible at various sizes. I definitely will never design anything like that again for responsive compatibility.

I made the gliding ghost move very slowly so it wouldn't be annoyingly distracting if someone is trying to accomplish something on a page, so I hope I chose a good speed for it. :)

Also, I couldn't find a good spot to introduce any purple, as was suggested in the critique, but I may add it later if I can get it to look right. Thanks, everyone, for all suggestions and ideas you offered in the critiques.

https://www.grc275.com/student/fall-202 ... -home.html

Nalani

lewlewland

Re: Project 3 Final (for now)

Post by lewlewland »

Hey Nalani,

I love the text change on hover, making it italic is a cool idea that I hadn't thought of. Also love the color scheme, it fits your theme very well. Good Job!

emilyduke:3

Post by emilyduke:3 »

Good work on your final project! I really like the little details you added with the hover text and small animated graphics. Good luck on finishing it up!

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Well, we appreciate whatever you were able to get done, considering the circumstances. The bits you got done look pretty darn good.

You did a good job realizing your design from the preliminary work. You've got great contrast and colors going here. I like how you used the colors from your excellently chosen cat picture. That pic also is a great tone/mood setter for the website. The whole website is cleanly laid out but manages to have great atmosphere. That seems to be your special talent after seeing your Project One as well. I like the way you preserve the feel across your mobile version as well. I actually prefer your mobile navigation to your computer navigation, believe it or not. Great font choices as well. Very spoopy and yet easy to read. Good rollover effects too. I like the smooth italicization and soft color shift of the rollovers. Your navigations are easy to see and use.

BTW, your little ghost is my second favorite part of this website. He's just kind of drifting around like, "'Sup?".

My favorite part? The super sketchy map. It looks like you are leading people somewhere random to get murdered. Perfect.

I would have liked to have seen more of it, of course. And there are some weird overlaps on the mobile version. I widh you had more time to perfect this thing, but what you did give me was very fun.

Good work, Nalani.
If we feel useful in life and loved, it sure makes life significant and wonderful

Toni McDonough - GRC 275 Instructor
tmcdonough@tmcc.edu | 775-583-5262