Project #1 Final

Post links to your Project One websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
emilyduke:3

Project #1 Final

Post by emilyduke:3 »

Hi everyone! Here is my final for Project #1, I really enjoyed working on the gallery for this site- let me know what you think!

https://www.grc275.com/student/fall-202 ... index.html

wilson_iii

Re: Project #1 Final

Post by wilson_iii »

I think you did a great job! Nice and simple, but communicates the work of your inspiration well! I really like how you use your images as the main source of color! It doesn't assault the senses. You made the gallery smooth, so there's no weirdness there, and all the images are the same size! Looking good! :)

lewlewland

Post by lewlewland »

I really like the home page image but it is a bit blurry. The contact page has a very nice layout as well! Nice job!

NalaniN

Post by NalaniN »

Hi Emily,

Nice work! The images of the artist show up a bit blurry on my screen too, but everything else looks good. I really like how the gallery expands the picture when I click on it. Nicely done!

Nalani

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Oh nice. You used the clean layout. Cool!

My favorite bit of this is the brushstroke accent that pops up in different areas on each page. Aside from being tremendously visually interesting, it does a great job of making sure a clean layout does not become boring. I also like the dimensionality it adds by weaving between the foreground and background. And it's purple pops up here and there as an accent color; for example, on the rollovers. The rest of the layout is, as previously mentioned, very clean. Like the walls of a modern art gallery, which is appropriate. It does a good job of showing off the imagery. I also like that you used justified blocks of type to balance out your imagery. The blocks of type almost look like other pieces of art hanging on the wall next to your images.

That being said, I think your bodycopy is a little bold. It could use to be thinner.

Great work!
If we feel useful in life and loved, it sure makes life significant and wonderful

Toni McDonough - GRC 275 Instructor
tmcdonough@tmcc.edu | 775-583-5262