Project one Final

Post links to your Project One websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.

emilyduke:3

Re: Project one Final

Post by emilyduke:3 »

Hi!

Great job finishing project 1! I think you executed your roughs and your goal of minimalism well. I like the color and the big images, and your gallery page turned out really well. I do wonder if not having a traditional navigation will inhibit viewing of the site, but I think the sliding/rotating site nav is unique!

Instructor
Site Admin

Re: Project one Final

Post by Instructor »

Great job executing on your preliminary design, Darrell. I especially like the use of custom fonts through the design. I haven't really seen a student turn in a linear site before and this one works very well. I usually find them frustrating, but this one's quick and easy to navigate with it's small size. I also think the prominently placed navigation helps as well. Goo use of an unusual site structure.

It's a little less contrasty than I would have liked, but it has a good, consistent look and feel throughout. You done a great job using margins to give the composition an open airy feel. Good eye on the photos as well. They are well selected, compliment your design, and reinforce your text. The green is not the greatest background color for the photos, but its light enough it doesn't interfere with your content. Good job at feeding in the custom fonts, especially the cursive on your splash page. I know that's not easy.

Nice work!
If we feel useful in life and loved, it sure makes life significant and wonderful

Toni McDonough - GRC 275 Instructor
tmcdonough@tmcc.edu | 775-583-5262