Project 3 Roughs

Post links to your Project Three websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
lewlewland

Project 3 Roughs

Post by lewlewland »

Hi all,

Here are my roughs for Project 3, I decided to use the fake company I made in Project 2 to have an event and created an alternative logo for it. I plan on making this site with a different layout so that it's not cookie cutter from my Project 2

Let me know what you think

Thanks!
Attachments
Proj 3 site rough 1920x1080 V4.jpg
Proj 3 site rough 1920x1080 V3.jpg
Proj 3 site rough 1920x1080 V2.jpg
Proj 3 site rough 1920x1080 V1.jpg
Proj 3 site rough 640x960 V4.jpg
Proj 3 site rough 640x960 V3.jpg
Proj 3 site rough 640x960 V2.jpg
Proj 3 site rough 640x960 V1.jpg

NalaniN

Re: Project 3 Roughs

Post by NalaniN »

Hi Lewis,

I think this works well as an event held/sponsored by the company. The images are great and create excitement and anticipation. The pop of yellow adds a great accent. The clean layout makes navigating easy. Nice work!

Nalani

Instructor
Site Admin

Re: Project 3 Roughs

Post by Instructor »

Oh nice! You've got some good ones here, Lewis.

I like the continuation of the branding you established with Project Two. Of your two designs, I think I like the yellow bannered one better. The pictures are larger and the yellow adds a splash of much needed color.

That large, action oriented picture you have in the background of your yellow/white headered design (I'd recommend going yellow on all the pages) is so strong both in the sense of motion and how it leads the eye over to the content. The inner page has the same thing, with the stairway moving the eye through the schedule. The whole things has a sense of motion. The semi-transparent content area adds visual interest as well. I like how the header frames your content. Your navigation is easy to see and use. Your layout is clean and does a great job of moving the eye through the composition. Great use of margin as well. Everything has good room to breathe without fragmenting. Your typography is excellent and works well with the subject matter.

I think keeping your background images into the mobile version would really add continuity between the two. Or at least include a few more content photos. The mobile version of the site, while clean and excellently laid out, does feel a little plain.

Great work!
If we feel useful in life and loved, it sure makes life significant and wonderful

Toni McDonough - GRC 275 Instructor
tmcdonough@tmcc.edu | 775-583-5262