Project 03 Preliminary Critique

Post links to your Project Three websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
wilson_iii

Project 03 Preliminary Critique

Post by wilson_iii »

index.png
info.png
tickets.png
connect.png
mobile-index.png
mobile-info.png
mobile-tickets.png
mobile-connect.png
Please let me know what you think!

NalaniN

Re: Project 03 Preliminary Critique

Post by NalaniN »

Hi Will,

Nice work! I think the gray and black that dominate the layouts feels too dull for a fun event like this. Maybe pick a color from the logo to use throughout the site. Otherwise, the site looks well-organized and full of information visitors would want. Good job!

Nalani

lewlewland

Post by lewlewland »

I think that the layout is successful for this but the design side of things could use a little work. I agree with Nalani on the colors but I also think that you could find some more fun fonts to go along with it. Maybe just use them in the headers and bigger pieces to add a little pizazz to it

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

More clean layouts. Nice! What a fun event.

We went over most of what I'm going to suggest in out Zoom session tonight, but I'm going to post it here for posterity.

You've got a good, clean layout here that presents it's information well. I like the way your header and "footer" frame everything. I also like the boldness of the left side nav bar. It stands out and the multi-column layout adds visual interest. Your navigation is easy to see and use. The typography is well chosen and easy to read. The layout moves the eye from one important information area to the next. Once it get's some more photos in it, it could be really nice.

What it really needs are images and color. The gray and black are heavy and a little smothering. I'd take the colors form the World Fest logo (pick one logo and stick with it) and use those throughout the design. They're good colors and will serve you well. You also need to snag some more images of the event (or similar events) and include them throughout the site. Maybe as background images? Also make sure the type in your nav buttons are a uniform size.

Nice effort!
If we feel useful in life and loved, it sure makes life significant and wonderful

Toni McDonough - GRC 275 Instructor
tmcdonough@tmcc.edu | 775-583-5262