Project 2 roughs

Post links to your Project Two websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
lewlewland

Project 2 roughs

Post by lewlewland »

Hi all,

Here are my roughs for project 2

Thanks
Attachments
Proj 2 site rough 1920x1080 V4.jpg
Proj 2 site rough 1920x1080 V3.jpg
Proj 2 site rough 1920x1080 V2.jpg
Proj 2 site rough 1920x1080 V1.jpg
Proj 2 site rough 640x960 V4.jpg
Proj 2 site rough 640x960 V3.jpg
Proj 2 site rough 640x960 V2.jpg
Proj 2 site rough 640x960 V1.jpg

Instructor
Site Admin

Re: Project 2 roughs

Post by Instructor »

Ooof! Some super clean designs here, Lewis.

I like the version of your layout that's got more yellow it it. That yellow is doing a lot of heavy lifting here and I think it really adds to the design. The ones without the yellow are competently done, but they feel a little dull. The yellow adds zazz.

You've got a pristine layout here that transitions well between mobile and computer without loosing it's identity. I like the black top bar. It acts as a framing device for the content below and a visual focal point to draw the eye to your navigation. Speaking of your navigation, it's very easy to see and use. Your product pages are well done. They function as stages and their minimal nature really draws the eye to the product photo and descripting. Let the simplicity work for you. Good colors too. Obviously black and white work well together, but that yellow makes for a great accent color and really adds a badly needed splash of color. I don't even mind the pseudo splash home page. It actually kinda works here. Don't tell Michael I said that.

The big thing I think it needs is more photos on the non-product pages. Show me people using your products and the lifestyle you're selling here. Right now those pages seem to be text heavy so spruce 'em up with some more pics. I'm also not sold on the bold bodycopy. Given the high contrast nature of your design, I think you could get away with a much thinner bodycopy.

Good job!
If we feel useful in life and loved, it sure makes life significant and wonderful

Toni McDonough - GRC 275 Instructor
tmcdonough@tmcc.edu | 775-583-5262

NalaniN

Re: Project 2 roughs

Post by NalaniN »

Hi Lewis,

I think your clean layouts really work for the subject matter. Everything feels very modern and easy to navigate. The clean sans serif and also the stencil-look typeface work well with the overall design. Having the logo at an angle adds to its impact. Nice work!

Nalani