BOND Truluv Roughs

Post links to your Project One websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
lewlewland

BOND Truluv Roughs

Post by lewlewland »

Hey all,

These are my roughs for Project 1. BOND is a german graffiti artist who specializes in incorporating Augmented Reality to his artwork. He was the first to do it and the best in my opinion. I hope you all enjoy his artwork as much as I do

Thanks!
Attachments
BOND site rough 640x960 V4.jpg
BOND site rough 640x960 V3.jpg
BOND site rough 640x960 V2.jpg
BOND site rough 640x960 V1.jpg

NalaniN

Re: BOND Truluv Roughs

Post by NalaniN »

Looks nice! And, thanks for introducing me to his work -- it's amazing! Since his work is so colorful, I think having everything around it pretty simple is a wise choice. I think it also makes sense to have his art take over most of the page. I prefer the layout without the white top bar (although that bar does make the headline and nav very clearly defined and easy to find). I'll be curious to see how you expand your concepts to a desktop layout.

Nalani

lewlewland

Post by lewlewland »

Here are my computer mocks
Attachments
BOND site rough 1920x1080 V4.jpg
BOND site rough 1920x1080 V3.jpg
BOND site rough 1920x1080 V2.jpg
BOND site rough 1920x1080 V1.jpg

emilyduke:3

Post by emilyduke:3 »

Hi!

I really like your layouts, especially when showcasing an artist, you want to let the work speak for itself, which I thought you did well! For the mobile design, I actually like how the darker layouts turned out, it really makes the artwork pop, but for the desktop, I like the last three. I like the second one, where the menu and name are up in the sky, but I also really like the white bar, I feel like it gives the whole site more structure. Besides that I love the large image, it's really eye-catching.

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Looking good there, Lewis!

I think my favorite of your layouts is the one where the image also comprises the background of your navigation and the logo and buttons are in the sky. I love the way that ties BOND's work together with the website. The other ones are quite good too. I'd say the gray scrapbook design and the white Instagram-esque presentational design are both equally good. Of those two, I like the Instagram-type design best because it converts to other displays easier and without a reshuffle of the layout. But, that full image one? That's the winner in my book.

I like your logo too, it feels very distressed and quickly done which fits in with a street artist like BOND. It wouldn't look out of place on the side of a box car and I think that's the best judge of street art.

Your choice of super clean type works well here, too. It contrasts the rough and tumble style of BOND and feels almost like a gallery exhibition of his work. It's a great contrast. The same with the cleanliness of your layout. It functions like a scrapbook and get's out of the way of the art itself, while hanging out in the corner of your eye providing context and information.

It looks like you've set up all three of your designs to collapse down to mobile nicely.

I'd recommend you go with the layout that ties the imagery in with your navigation. If you don't do that one, then do the Instagram-style one instead. Great work!
If we feel useful in life and loved, it sure makes life significant and wonderful

Toni McDonough - GRC 275 Instructor
tmcdonough@tmcc.edu | 775-583-5262

andramada

Post by andramada »

I like the energetic background however I fear that the busy background will clash and distract from the busy designs of the artist. perhaps with some more margin around the images, it will make the very busy layout balance with art work.

wilson_iii

Post by wilson_iii »

This is lovely. I dig how both the dark and light designs cause the same effect, for the content to stand out. If you're happy, you should definitely continue with this! One thing I want to mention is that your top bar is fairly square and straight, which causes the perfectly round menu icon to look off in my opinion. Just a thought!