Project Two - Final

Post links to your Project Two websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
Stephski

Project Two - Final

Post by Stephski »

Hello everyone,

Below is the link to my defective updated website: http://www.grc275.com/student/spring_20 ... endziorski

The shop doesn't work perfectly unfortunately. Oddly enough, the three rows of products all act up in different ways. You can click on different products to view their description and purchase; ~sometimes~ the X at the top right works as intended and will close the section. The links (hidden in the images) seem to only work when you click towards the bottom of the image. The first row might or might not work, if I refresh the browser two or three times, it works as it should.

I don't know what kind of dark magic is causing all those issues... But when all fails, empty the caches and refresh the page.
Stephanie Kendziorski.

selvester

Re: Project Two - Final

Post by selvester »

Wow, I really do admire your css knowledge, it's pretty impressive. I especially like the expanding description boxes on your shopping page. Although most don't work the way you want them too, I bet with some hard work and hair loss you could figure it out. Great work!
Cheers,
Hannah Selvey

Eduardo_Garcia

Post by Eduardo_Garcia »

Hello,
Great website, the nav, design, and color scheme really make the site so amazing!
would reduce number of images in column, and increase image size to have them stand out more.

kieley_smith

Post by kieley_smith »

Hey there,

I see what you mean about the catalog page, it's super strange how the rows are being affected differently, it's probably just something being named slightly wrong, you'll figure it out!

Design wise, I love the expandable catalog sections to bits, lots of screen retail, lovely color, and everything's responsive and nice. Your colors are excellent as usual!

Great job!
~ Kieley Smith

Breezy

Post by Breezy »

Hey,

Great website! I did have a few of the problems you were talking about, for some reason I wasn't able to click anything. A few kinks to work out but cool design overall!
"A day without laughter is a day wasted." - Charlie Chaplin

Brianna Mick

Marco horta

Post by Marco horta »

Hello Stephanie, your website looks very professional, great work!. I love the balance between imagery and text, the contrast, color balance gives an el wonderful presentation to your final project, it also gives the viewer an easy navigation throughout your design, congratulations.
Marco Horta

“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.” —Albert Einstein

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

This one's another great theme. So subtly off putting. I love it.

It's got the false cheer of a neurotic person in a manic phase. I think the bit that I like the most is all the little animations. They add visual detail and just a little bit of discordant chaos to the whole thing. Nice job with the product info flyouts. The work well visually, if not always technically, and serve to put their products front and center and force the buyer to make a choice. I'm glad you didn't mess with what was working from your Project One as well (color, typography, margins, etc.).

Your "View Product" buttons take a while to link. It's almost like I have to scroll past 'em before they work. On your product page, I have to wait a while before the products become clickable. I assume some process is running to make them link. I had no problem closing you flyouts though, oddly enough.

I could use some Neurotic merch though. Maybe a coffee cup and tote bag.
If we feel useful in life and loved, it sure makes life significant and wonderful

Toni McDonough - GRC 275 Instructor
tmcdonough@tmcc.edu | 775-583-5262