IT'S DONE! :D Project two is up!!

Post links to your Project Two websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
chaytothet

IT'S DONE! :D Project two is up!!

Post by chaytothet »

Yay! I'm done!

Here's my link, I'm off to sleep for the next three days.

http://www.grc275.com/student/spring_20 ... n_tallman/

Stephski

Re: IT'S DONE! :D Project two is up!!

Post by Stephski »

Hello!

Your pages "For the Job" and "For the Missus" look great! They are both clean and well organized but the "For the Man" page doesn't seem to have the same organization. I had issues with your navigation, there must be a margin that pushes down the sub-categories and it makes it difficult to click on those sub-links. Otherwise it all looks great!
Stephanie Kendziorski.

selvester

Post by selvester »

I really like the simplicity of your website! The back and white theme works very well and your product pages fit right in. I might get rid of the dotted border around your buy buttons, I don't think you need a border at all. Great Work!
Cheers,
Hannah Selvey

Eduardo_Garcia

Post by Eduardo_Garcia »

Hello,
Your website design is great! design is looking great!
Advice would be to have the Add to cart button, rather than click photo to go there, seems tedious.
There is a gap between the "Products" nav and the pop up nav, so makes it tedious when pop up disappears because of it.

kieley_smith

Post by kieley_smith »

Hey there!

I love your concept and color scheme, the images and text are just gold. The zigzag effect that your image alignments create is really visually interesting, it looks great!

However, one little thing you might want to look at is the navigation on your catalog pages, the "news" and "contact" links don't seem to work from those pages, though it's entirely possible something may be going wrong on my end.

Great job!
~ Kieley Smith

Breezy

Post by Breezy »

Hey,

What a fun website! Your products are so cool! When I'm on your homepage and go to "for the job" it brings up a blank page (see below) I think its a broken link? Great job overall!
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-04-06 at 1.32.38 PM.png
"A day without laughter is a day wasted." - Charlie Chaplin

Brianna Mick

Marco horta

Post by Marco horta »

Hello, this project come out as a wonderful design, I like the creativity on the imagery used in your design. This make your final product a unique design. I love the sliding background the asymmetrical balance you have used on it, well done.
Marco Horta

“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.” —Albert Einstein

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Sleep tight, Chalyn. Happiness IS a warm Tommy Gun!

I like what you've done with the place. You've taken your excellent theming and kicked it up a notch. This is a much cleaner, easier to navigate version of your newspaper site. And the parallax is now working great. The new navigation looks good, but has some functionality issues. The bigger margins look good and work well. Seeing it with real, well written, fun type really sells it. And your imagery is on point as well. I think the thing I like most about it, aside from the theming which is #1, is your logo. It's got a great choice of type and the fedora brings a smile to my face. Works great with you navigation too.

Your "Products" drop down doesn't stay engaged when I roll down to click one of the buttons. It's probably outside your <li> tags. Some of the product information that your cart receives seems to be incorrect. Lots of the products show up as "Gold Knuckles" for example. I like the single vertical stack for your products in the "For the Job" and the "For the Missus" sections, but not the two coulmns is the "For the Man" section. The columns are too tight to each other. Lastly your store buttons should be both vertically centered and be wide enough so their text doesn't take up two rows.

Such a neat concept.
If we feel useful in life and loved, it sure makes life significant and wonderful

Toni McDonough - GRC 275 Instructor
tmcdonough@tmcc.edu | 775-583-5262