Project two working roughs

Post links to your Project Two websites and preliminary work for discussion and feedback.
ltrueworthy

Project two working roughs

Post by ltrueworthy »

I made a booklet catalog so let me know what you think. I'm still working on it so be nice...

http://www.grc275.com/student/spring_20 ... rueworthy/
Lea Trueworthy

fjbo

Re: Project two working roughs

Post by fjbo »

The last rock is just hilarious!!!

The booklet is an interesting addition. I look forward of seeing this finished up. A good thing would been to do a sketch or two of how a page would look like within your booklet.
FJBO

FRANCISCO JAVIER BECERRA-ORTIZ

Stephski

Post by Stephski »

I love the booklet!! It's a very good idea! As silly as this might sound - I had a some trouble figuring out that we scroll to open the booklet. I kept clicking on the booklet and the link at the top. Maybe add some text or an arrow to suggest that the user has to drop to the left.
Stephanie Kendziorski.

kieley_smith

Post by kieley_smith »

The booklet idea is fantastic! I'm sure that you can beat it into submission and it'll turn out great!

However, I'm not quite sure how much functionality the booklet was meant to have at this time. Just the cover is popping up, and while it's a very nice cover, it's hard to come to any design conclusions from it. Maybe I'm just having a dumb day, which is a sign that you miiiiggght need to include some idiot proofing on the page. X D Also, it looks like the catalog is floated left at the moment, and I think it'd look much better centered!

Best of luck finishing up the project!
~ Kieley Smith

Eduardo_Garcia

Post by Eduardo_Garcia »

Booklet idea sounds great!
The use is interesting, and silly, should definitely go with this idea

Breezy

Post by Breezy »

Hey,

The book idea is cool, I'd work on its functionality.
"A day without laughter is a day wasted." - Charlie Chaplin

Brianna Mick

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Now, you were supposed to provide two different designs and they didn't need to be functional.

That being said ...

Heh. I like your idea.

It seems to be coming along nicely. You are doing quite well with a pretty unique concept. So far, from what I can see, you have the functionality more or less nailed. Now you just have to finalize the design and insert products. Everything is nicely clickable and the book is working (and working well) in several browsers.

I'd recommend either putting a little instruction next to the booklet in text to tell people how to use it or put something on your cover design that indicates to click on the right edge to turn the pages. I'd also recommend centering the book. I'd probably take that buy link off the front cover, it's not doing anything right now. And don't forget your product descriptions.

I want to see your product description for The Rock tho.

You're off to a great start!
If we feel useful in life and loved, it sure makes life significant and wonderful

Toni McDonough - GRC 275 Instructor
tmcdonough@tmcc.edu | 775-583-5262